Plans for today (2023)

Poor lad. Is this an allergic reaction to something that your son has eaten/come in contact with do you think?
Definitely but either it’s a new allergy (please god no) or cross contamination.
Unfortunately it won’t go away. So I’m now hidden behind a curtain in a men’s bay waiting for the next 12 hours to pass.

Hopefully last nights ‘sleep’ in a hospital chair means I’m now an accomplished upright hard backed chair sleeper, always good to acquire new skills! 😂

I get vertigo at random times. For me, it happens when I'm laying in bed, and roll from one side to the other, so it's no big deal. My mom has it much worse. Our sense of balance comes from the semi-circular canals in our inner ears. There are non-invasive ways to treat vertigo, but it isn't permanent. Eventually, it can come back. But, at least the treatment doesn't require painful procedures.

CD

They bought my Wednesday appt forward to 4.15 today.

Russ

Sounds to me like laberynthitis. It got me when I was living in London, around 1978. I'd start walking down the street and my balance would go. I went to the docs and the first bloke said "have you been drinking a lot?" :o_o:
I went back three times until an Indian doctor said "OK. Close your eyes and hold your arms out"
I did. I wobbled. He said it was an inner ear infection, gave me some pills and right as rain in no time.

Sounds to me like laberynthitis. It got me when I was living in London, around 1978. I'd start walking down the street and my balance would go. I went to the docs and the first bloke said "have you been drinking a lot?" :o_o:
I went back three times until an Indian doctor said "OK. Close your eyes and hold your arms out"
I did. I wobbled. He said it was an inner ear infection, gave me some pills and right as rain in no time.

Let's hope. I'll giggle it. Ta.

Russ

House bound so mooching around atm. Watching guy doing Mexican. Salmon and cocktails . Nothing I couldn't make.
Not big on salmon though.
Might try cheese on toast later.

Russ

I get vertigo every so often. Mine is related to my eustachian tube dysfunction, as is my tinnitus. My vertigo clears up but my tinnitus likely never will.
Vertigo due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

They've medicated me serc and beta#$% stimine.
Said I be right in a few days. My first dr pinpointed it 30? Years ago correctly.

Russ

Any idea what triggered this attack?
Annoyingly no idea.
I'm half minded due to the prolonged duration of this one that it was a combination of things and a cross contamination in something he ate combined with an immune system already jangled by hay fever and working in a dusty warehouse set off a mega reaction that was difficult to put back in his place.

For the first time in weeks I have no plans for this afternoon. I have fully decorated our smallest bedroom then bought and fitted wardrobes and drawers to turn it into our dressing room. I then fully decorated the second bedroom, new carpets, furniture and lighting to make it into our spare plus hobby and banjo room. Finally I decorated the bathroom, replumbed everything, new cabinets and then finished the new floor yesterday. After spending this morning putting away my tools and sorting out the snagging I am completely done.
My body is objecting, particularly my knees and back and fingers and ankles and neck and any part that didn't like me being flat on my back under the sink. So I am having a couple of weeks off before I do the main bedroom.

And relax.

I have a plumbing repair to do. I also need to try to figure out why the battery for my driveway gate opener is not fully charging. I put a trickle charger on it last night, and that will keep it running for quite a while, but it should be charging through the gate opener system.

The joys of owning a home.

CD

Back
Top Bottom