Plans for today (2024)

That is one of those things in this country that was condemned to the sin bin, give your child cola? Absolutely not.
That's right. Fizzy drinks contain chemicals, so they're bad for you. Too much sugar is bad for you, so let's cut that out. Watch out for the salt, it'll raise your blood pressure. I air fried it, to avoid all the fat, which causes obesity. You can go out in the garden ( when it's 60F) but put on this SPF 100, otherwise you'll get skin cancer. Don't go into the water Johnny - there may be jellyfish in there. Only one cup of coffee, because otherwise you'll get excited.
What a dystopian society we have become :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's right. Fizzy drinks contain chemicals, so they're bad for you. Too much sugar is bad for you, so let's cut that out. Watch out for the salt, it'll raise your blood pressure. I air fried it, to avoid all the fat, which causes obesity. You can go out in the garden ( when it's 60F) but put on this SPF 100, otherwise you'll get skin cancer. Don't go into the water Johnny - there may be jellyfish in there. Only one cup of coffee, because otherwise you'll get excited.
What a dystopian society we have become :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Agree with all of that apart from the sunscreen.
Skin cancer rates are genuinely soaring everywhere and I’ve seen one too many surgeries chopping chunks of peoples eyelids off to not take radiation burn seriously.

I personally know three people who have died of skin cancer that metastasised. Radiation from the sun is stronger now.
Ignoring that fact is in my rather strong view tantamount to child neglect.

If you watch a few people having to have the skin around their eye stretched (that hurts in a way I don’t have words for) so the socket can be sewn shut on perfectly good eye and you change your tune on sunburn pretty quickly.

Agree with all of that apart from the sunscreen.
I hear you. My best man died of melanoma when he was only 48. Perhaps that wasn't such a good example, but the point is: too much nannying. Every move has a "but..."attached to it! Government is controlling everything :eek: !! Freedom is being compromised!!:hyper::hyper: You get age-checked when you buy a beer!!! You can get arrested for SWEARING!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
( Enter two men in white coats and drag KKA , kicking and screaming, into a large black van):laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hear you. My best man died of melanoma when he was only 48. Perhaps that wasn't such a good example, but the point is: too much nannying. Every move has a "but..."attached to it! Government is controlling everything :eek: !! Freedom is being compromised!!:hyper::hyper: You get age-checked when you buy a beer!!! You can get arrested for SWEARING!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
( Enter two men in white coats and drag KKA , kicking and screaming, into a large black van):laugh::laugh::laugh:
Better make that four men in white coats cos if that get’s you dragged away I’ll be in the padded cell next to you 😂

I have been visiting the seaside town of Cobh, Cork CO, Ireland. Fantastic. Nice weather as well

IMG_6109.jpeg
IMG_6115.jpeg
IMG_6117.jpeg
IMG_6121.jpeg
IMG_6128.jpeg

You can make some money with your expertise and ride. People who have lovely horses don't always have time for them.
I do have a lot of experience (I’ve been riding for almost 30 years now), but I tend to be a more timid/fearful rider so I’m very hesitant to ride greenies or hotter/fresher horses.

My coach has been asking around and there are a couple of prospects I might be able to ride in the fall. I hope I can get back into the saddle before too long!

I do have a lot of experience (I’ve been riding for almost 30 years now), but I tend to be a more timid/fearful rider so I’m very hesitant to ride greenies or hotter/fresher horses.

My coach has been asking around and there are a couple of prospects I might be able to ride in the fall. I hope I can get back into the saddle before too long!
You can always try lunging high sprited horses before riding to take the edge off. There definitely are people who'd pay you to just do that without even riding them.

My favorite show horse was very high spirited and I used to lunge her 15-20 minutes before riding most of the time.

Pretty much the same here although I used to iron the hankies as a kid to help mum. I enjoyed that. Freud might have an opinion on that???

Russ
I'd have no idea what he'd have made of that. Nice lad I reckon, wanting to help your ma.

Today is booze run and rewashing the sheets I did yesterday. I hung out then a 10 minutes storm came thru
Blowing them.off and onto the grass. They were filthy again. Today is wind free but still cold.
Then prep for tea and chicken karage.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom