Plans for today (2024)

An exceptionally warm and tranquil September morning in Finland - a perfect day for outdoor activities (no cooking).
20240904_101259.jpg

Busy day, hoping for some rest and maybe a walk in nature later on.

Bloodwork done.

Grocery shopped.

Searching for and ordering and paying and pick up planning for all the accessories my Mom needs.

Emailing for a return/exchange of her walking stick.

School planning.

Medical appointments planning ( possibly 10 so far, maybe even more in just one month... September😑😑)

Laundry.

Spice rack decanting, labeling, continuation. I washed all bottles, caps yesterday and did the first rack...

I am ok, quite normal healthwise today. Gratefully.

20240903_212454.jpg

Home all day today. I plan to mow a couple of acres of lawn weather permitting and tidy up some unwanted plant growth around the house. Some housework and care taking activities are in store as usual.

We will have nice weather most of the day they say and we expect some rain overnight so I'm confident I'll get it done. The high temperature will be 29 degrees C (85 F) and a bit muggy. The overnight rain should allow for a drier day tomorrow.

Work, eye appointment, and I need to mow as well. That mowing will likely slide to tomorrow.

Irritated, as my workday starts at 9AM, and I have a 9AM meeting. That may seem picky, but the person who scheduled the meeting starts at 8:30AM and has a longstanding edict that no one is allowed to schedule her for 8:30AM meetings because she needs to “get settled in first thing,” meaning coffee and a look at her emails - looks like she thinks she’s the only one who deserves that allowance? 😠

Sorry for your Mom's handicap. Do you feel it influenced your understanding of the world? Can you read Braille? Could she?
She could read braille and I used to be able to read a bit but not very well. I think maybe I was more aware of sounds and spacial hazards than most kids might have been. But my career was in the visual arts.

Back
Top Bottom