Plans for today (2024)

Dad's psychiatric consultation, done. It took me 75 min to get there, but the doctor was some 40 min late, held up at a meeting, so it was ok.

Picked up a toilet brush for Mom and a rod, to try to diy an extension, as she moves and bends with difficulty.

Picked up medication for parents, ordered 2 in addition.

Pedicure now.

Visiting Mom later.
Daughter needs to buy diapers for Grandma and a shower gel for me.

Lunch.
Rest.

Laundry and other house chores.

I work until 5:00. Come home and cut grass and do some yard work. Start cleaning up the garden by tearing out old vegetation and tilling some apples and old tomatoes in. Drink beer and eat food. It's the weekend. I can barely move after three days at the gym. Back at it Monday. Funny thing about exercising is your mind feels better than your body most of the time. In some ways, that's good, I guess.

My plans for tomorrow include paying $75 for a dozen eggs... and driving 180km round trip. But you can't buy chickens at the moment, there's a movement ban on the and whilst the drive sounds a long way, it actually isn't much further than doing the weekly shop (130km).

I've 2 broody chooks and I need some eggs for them, so they'll get 6 eggs from a cheaper breed (probably wyandottes because my lady no longer breeds Sussexes :cry: ) and the dozen Lakenvelder eggs will go into the incubator. If I'm lucky, half of those will hatch and half of those might just be female. So I might end up with 3 or 4 laying chooks by winter next year (aka April 24). Typically heritage breeds take 40 weeks to mature before they start laying.

Back
Top Bottom