Plans for today (2024)

I understand and your reasoning is good.
Sending good wishes.
Thank you I appreciate that. He just woke up and the nausea is gone for now but he still doesn't feel right. I suggested skipping coffee so he is having a cup of hot green tea instead. I am going to make him pancakes with a berry compote topping and honey, should be soothing on his system, then I will make a large batch of chicken soup for our dinner.

Today is Card Game Day next door.
DH woke up not feeling right, so, we'll see how this plays out.
He told me to go in any case, since I have all of this food made to take over:
Stromboli
Deviled Eggs
Prosciutto & Melon
Meyer Lemon-Ricotta Pound Cake (mahalo TastyReuben)

Call late last night to say that there may be more than 70 people at the event today, so panic stations to make extra food this morning, as long as the Embassy decides it can pay the extra $$.
Looks like today is going to be a long one.
So yes, it was a long day. Just got back after a 12 hour shift preparing and serving food for the Embassy. Everything went well, I;m glad to say, and our guests loved the food - there was one comment that I just loved, from a member of the Embassy staff:
"So how was the food? Good?"
"No , it wasn't good - it was great!"
Happy bunny here.

So my DH has barely eaten (a few pancakes and a few bowls of soup) in 3 days but will not let me take him to the hospital. In all fairness, with it being the weekend, facilities are overcrowded and short-staffed, and he's having otherwise normal bodily functions, plus his heart rate and oxygen levels are normal. He has a low grade fever and is very tired. He's been sleeping a lot. I'll wake him up for some scrambled eggs in awhile. He has been drinking lots of water at least. I am going to have him send a message through his HCP website to his GP doctor tonight so the doc will get it in the a.m. and if he's not better by tomorrow we are going to the hospital.

Heading into the city to meet up with family for my youngest daughters birthday. Which is actually next week but they have a trip to Montreal planned. We’re all going to aKorean Hot Pot place. I arranged for my brother, sister and oldest daughter with fiancée to come. Getting there early so we can surprise her a bit.
We’re going early to do a bit of shopping.

So my DH has barely eaten (a few pancakes and a few bowls of soup) in 3 days but will not let me take him to the hospital. In all fairness, with it being the weekend, facilities are overcrowded and short-staffed, and he's having otherwise normal bodily functions, plus his heart rate and oxygen levels are normal. He has a low grade fever and is very tired. He's been sleeping a lot. I'll wake him up for some scrambled eggs in awhile. He has been drinking lots of water at least. I am going to have him send a message through his HCP website to his GP doctor tonight so the doc will get it in the a.m. and if he's not better by tomorrow we are going to the hospital.
Have you done a covid test? Could have flu too.

Sometimes you just have to tell them they are going.

Have you done a covid test? Could have flu too.

Sometimes you just have to tell them they are going.
No, haven't done a covid testing. The only place he's been was the steakhouse on Wednesday but the new strain is super contagious...but I feel great and I'm very prone to illnesses and am usually the 1st one to get anything viral or bacterial, so why am I ok?

If he's not better in the the morning I'll try to make him go. I might have to call my nephew to help me get him out the door.

Edit: I called and spoke with the on-call nurse at his doctor's office and talked to her then put him on the phone with her and she said (like you did medtran49) that it could be covid or the flu and for him to eat bland foods and stay hydrated, and if he doesn't improve or his condition worsens, to go to the hospital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom