Plans for today (2024)

Fishing

20240915_101934.jpg

Good thinking.
How is it now?
Sounds like it could be a virus, but I have no idea.
He's sleeping but he won't eat. Since Friday, he has had 3 bowls of soup and 2 pancakes. He isn't dry heaving today though. He got mad at me because I woke him up to try to get him to eat at around 12:30. So he got up, drank some water, said he wasn't hungry, and went back to bed. Our nephew told me that his uncle is a grown man and is going to do what he wants to do, and he said give it a few more days and if he isn't better he will help me get him to the doctor. DH is not in any pain and his vitals are fine, so really not much I can do about it at the moment. I suppose I could call an ambulance but if he doesn't want to go, but if he is cognitive, seems rational, and says no, can they make him? I don't think so.

I'm just puttering about. I finally got around to taking my Cuisinart food processor that DH gave me for my birthday back in April out of the box and I washed all the components. I am going to make a large batch of pesto near the end of the week. I have been using my min chopper for this and that, but I have been meaning to get around to doing this for oh, 4.5 months or so? LOL. Note: when washing sharp components of a food processor or chopper, be mindful! :stop:I nicked my little finger oh so slightly and had to put a bandaid on it...

No, they cannot make him go if he is rational.

He needs to drink more than water though. Think he would drink some Pedialyte? I think it tastes better than the adult stuff. Might even make him feel better.

No, they cannot make him go if he is rational.

He needs to drink more than water though. Think he would drink some Pedialyte? I think it tastes better than the adult stuff. Might even make him feel better.
I'm trying to get him to drink the Gatorade I put in the fridge for him yesterday. He took a few swigs and started dry heaving, then went to bed. Said that Gatorade makes him feel worse and he isn't drinking it.

I could go buy some Pedialyte but he won't even drink the Gatorade so I feel it might be a waste of time and money. He got up to smoke and drank water but still refusing to eat. I offered scrambled eggs, which is quite bland and easy on the stomach, and offered to heat up the chicken soup I made, and still a big no on both.

I have work lined up tomorrow and I am afraid to leave him here by himself. He has mentioned a few times since yesterday about going to the hospital but then 10 minutes later when I say let me gather a few things and we can go, he flat out refuses. I hope he doesn't decide tomorrow that he wants to go to the hospital right when I am getting ready to leave for work.

Just my own two cents JAS_OH1 - when I was very ill, my PCP recommended Liquid IV over Pedialyte and Gatorade.
Maybe find a flavor that he may like, they come in individual packets that you add to water. Another 'thing' for me was, I could only drink room temp liquids.
And wait a minute - he smokes tobacco?
Also, I agree with medtran49 , the paramedics CAN NOT take someone who out and out refuses to go with them, IF he's coherent and has clear speech, no clear signs of any medical distress, ie pupils are ok, heart rate, body temp, no evident bodily injuries, respiratory is not hindered; hasn't lost consciousness or fallen, etc.

We're at the hospital.
And he's going to be okay. They did some tests and I really don't want to get into the root of the problem here, but it wasn't the flu and in the long run he will most likely be okay with a few lifestyle changes. We're home and he's eating a scrambled egg sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom