Plans for today (2024)

Attempt to make gluten free onion dumplings. Not that I need to eat gluten free but I thought I'd experiment.
If you master gluten free dumplings you’ll be my hero forever.
I miss them so much and I’ve never been satisfied with the recipes I’ve tried.
I’m willing the stars into alignment that this works as we speak 😂

Blimey. That is a lot of hoovering. Takes me less than 10 mins to hoover my ground floor. No carpet, no plants, and a very lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner.
We have carpet in the bedroom but not in the hallways, bathrooms, kitchen or dining room. Just the kitchen and dining room are 800 sqft/74 sq meters. The bedroom downstairs is 425 sqft/39 meters.

Today I might tackle the upstairs.

Last edited:
Plans, trying hard not to have any. I've got a programming (python 3) exam on Wednesday and with the forecast of torrential rain, thunderstorms and half of Australia on flood watch (no joking on that front!) the only plan is to is to do the exam early on Wednesday before we lose internet.

We need the rain though, so far this month we've had a staggering 0.7mm of rain!

Just realized we’re having guests for afternoon tea on Saturday, so my plans are to start panicking and overthinking anything and everything about it until it’s done.

CRAP!!! WHERE DID I PUT MY MENU THAT I’D WORKED OUT A FEW WEEKS AGO?!?! CRRAAAAAAAAPP!!!

Yeah, see, just like that…

Just realized we’re having guests for afternoon tea on Saturday, so my plans are to start panicking and overthinking anything and everything about it until it’s done.

CRAP!!! WHERE DID I PUT MY MENU THAT I’D WORKED OUT A FEW WEEKS AGO?!?! CRRAAAAAAAAPP!!!

Yeah, see, just like that…
I thought you posted if on the forum...

I thought you posted if on the forum...
I probably did, and I also wrote it down somewhere, and I probably have a picture of what I wrote down on my phone so I, you know, wouldn’t forget and panic.

I’m still digging around, but I remember about half of it. I’m going to create an “Afternoon Tea Checklist” and start using that, because I usually find out I remember the big things, but forget the little things.

SIT down, take a few deep breaths and hummmmmmmmmmmmm for 5 minutes.
Place your hands on your head and then twist your legs around the back of your neck. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Keep breathing profoundly, hummmmmmmmmmm.
WRITE DOWN what you are going to prepare (preferably with a Mont Blanc fountain pen) hummmmmmmmmmmmm.
Sandwiches (no crusts) with cucumber and cream cheese, roast beef and horseradish, salmon and parsley, cheese and ham, scones, cupcakes with icing, Victoria sponge, petit fours, hummmmmmmmmmmmm.
Earl Grey, Twining's Darjeeling..
You see? Easy, no stress, calm as a cucumber, all meticulously planned, what can possibly go wrong, I've got this, hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
(Then on Saturday afternoon, 10 minutes before service: OMG WHERE ON EARTH IS THE BUTTER AND CLOTTED CREAM?????)
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I finally have the car back, with a new starter motor, so today I'm going to the bank, then to the DIY place to pick up some paint and other stuff. The gardener is coming, but he's going to paint the fence, not cut the grass!

No plans in a lot of pain (back, sciatica, shoulders, wrists, and hands). Didn't get much sleep. Have a heating pad on back at the moment and typing isn't fun. :(
Is tbis a recurring thing for you? I hope you’re better soon!

No plans in a lot of pain (back, sciatica, shoulders, wrists, and hands). Didn't get much sleep. Have a heating pad on back at the moment and typing isn't fun. :(
You’re having to doing a lot more work at the moment. Are there any jobs you could delegate elsewhere or pay someone else to do to ease your load?
Anywhichway as TR says hope you’re feeling better soon.

So far today, I've been a psycho-squirrel on speed. Made breakfast, put away all the clothes I washed , told the gardener what to do, went to the bank, went to fill up the car with petrol, went to the DIY shop and bought paint, paint brushes, a new shovel, went to the supermarket and picked up some Lebanese olive oil, called the plumber, called the hairdresser, made lunch...
..and it's still only 3.30.
Too much time without a car!

Back
Top Bottom