Plans for today (2024)

I set part of today aside for some self care, haircut and colour, epilate and maybe even slap some moisturiser on but I have set this time aside many many times now and when I get to it I really can’t be bothered, I’d rather go n do something else, today is no different.
I’m thinking as you get older you bother with all this stuff less?
I dunno, clue me in folks. Are these rituals important at all or did you ditch your maintenance programme?
Even though I start the week off with grand plans of self care/pampering (mani /pedi, hair cut, etc), I usually end up not following through by the week’s end.

I find myself thinking of the continual visits to maintain, especially the nails, ended by telling myself “it’s not really you” 🤣🤣… Ultimately, I usually ditch.

I dunno, clue me in folks. Are these rituals important at all or did you ditch your maintenance programme?
I really do only one thing that falls in that category, and that’s my visit with my hair stylist, every five weeks.

For I don’t know how many years, I’ve gone to a men’s stylist (just started with my third one), and the basic outline is the same: haircut, hair wash, scalp massage, face treatment (hot towel, lotion, face massage), and neck/shoulder/head massage, and the whole thing lasts about an hour.

I’ll say that it’s very important to me, important enough that I’ll schedule other things around that, or cancel other things that might interfere, and most importantly, I take the entire day off of work, because I want to be in the right frame of mind for it. I used to not do that, but one appointment, I’d had an atrocious morning, and it ruined the whole appointment for me, so now I make it the #1 priority on that day.

I set part of today aside for some self care, haircut and colour, epilate and maybe even slap some moisturiser on but I have set this time aside many many times now and when I get to it I really can’t be bothered, I’d rather go n do something else, today is no different.
Ditched mainly. Haven't done hairdresser in 40 years.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic this sounds like a great thread topic ... :wink:

Well I've not done any of it today but I have good reason.

I had to set up 5 different peoples gov. accounts and then had to add sixteen different activation codes that are twenty digits long to those individual accounts whilst on the phone getting the OP to verify the account with both email and text message codes.

It was a palaver but the government sent out an email saying they are changing their IT system and if you haven't registered by the end of september you have to reapply.
There's no way my Mum, Dad, husband or sons will sort it out.
Add in sorting the contract and care notes for my mums carer and the assessment forms for her hospital appt and it was a bit of a painful admin afternoon for me!

But I've just finished and the little treat I ordered for myself was waiting on the doorstep..

IMG_4195.jpeg

Been talking to my family who live in Florida along the gulf coast and north inland areas. Hurricane Helene is going to be a whopper and should be there tonight. Our family and friends over in the far NW part of the panhandle should be okay, but I have a sister who lives about 14 miles from the coast just south of Tallahassee and my nephew lives in Panama City. They have evacuated so they will be okay, but worried about their homes flooding or being damaged. My oldest brother lives about 40 miles further ENE of where the eye of the storm will hit and should be okay to not evacuate, but is worried because it rained a lot in September and the ground is very wet and the high winds and additional rain will probably bring some of their trees down. I have another nephew who lives over in Jacksonville and he and his wife will be fine, though they will get some wind and rain. It's still pretty hot in Florida so if power goes out (which it undoubtedly will in many places), that just adds to the mess.

Glad medtran49 didn't get hit by this one.

I go get a pedicure about once a month but I maintain my own fingernails...which doesn't include polish or anything fancy. I just keep them shaped and at a moderate length. I never have liked polish on my nails and I can't keep a manicure because I do too much with my hands anyway. I do like pretty feet though.

I got out of the habit of going to the hairdresser during the pandemic. I still go about 2x a year to have my hair trimmed. I color my hair at home now. That's pretty much a new thing for me anyway, as up until about 6 years ago I didn't have any grays. They mostly show up as silver threads in the blonde so it's not that noticeable really, but...

I put moisturizer on daily. I used to wear makeup every day but I got out of that habit about 10 years ago and now only wear it for special occasions. Same with jewelry.

Well I've not done any of it today but I have good reason.

I had to set up 5 different peoples gov. accounts and then had to add sixteen different activation codes that are twenty digits long to those individual accounts whilst on the phone getting the OP to verify the account with both email and text message codes.

It was a palaver but the government sent out an email saying they are changing their IT system and if you haven't registered by the end of september you have to reapply.
There's no way my Mum, Dad, husband or sons will sort it out.
Add in sorting the contract and care notes for my mums carer and the assessment forms for her hospital appt and it was a bit of a painful admin afternoon for me!

But I've just finished and the little treat I ordered for myself was waiting on the doorstep..

View attachment 118973
Are those yellow submarines? Obviously they are salt and pepper shakers but not sure what the design is supposed to be, LOL?

Been talking to my family who live in Florida along the gulf coast and north inland areas. Hurricane Helene is going to be a whopper and should be there tonight. Our family and friends over in the far NW part of the panhandle should be okay, but I have a sister who lives about 14 miles from the coast just south of Tallahassee and my nephew lives in Panama City. They have evacuated so they will be okay, but worried about their homes flooding or being damaged. My oldest brother lives about 40 miles further ENE of where the eye of the storm will hit and should be okay to not evacuate, but is worried because it rained a lot in September and the ground is very wet and the high winds and additional rain will probably bring some of their trees down. I have another nephew who lives over in Jacksonville and he and his wife will be fine, though they will get some wind and rain. It's still pretty hot in Florida so if power goes out (which it undoubtedly will in many places), that just adds to the mess.

Glad medtran49 didn't get hit by this one.
Got my fingers crossed for everyone.

Yep. Only problem is, they tend to fill up with beetles......
I've always wondered why Paul, John, George and Ringo spelled it Beatles instead of Beetles, but I guess it's because they had rhythm? But still, why name your band after an insect?

And I never agreed that Ringo was the greatest rock n roll drummer.

Back
Top Bottom