Plans for today (2024)

Frozen afternoon tea things taken out of freezer and moved to fridge for slow thaw…eggs boiled and cooling…and another Beatles backing track to allow appreciation of Ringo’s drumming:

View: https://youtu.be/mv2XU-FIRSU

Ringo and his “funny fills” (his words) on full display here…and some excellent guitar interplay between Lennon and Harrison.

One of my favorite tracks, because the opening line is an instant hook (“…I know what it’s like to be dead” - how can that not grab you?!), no McCartney on the final mix (he was being pissy for not getting his way, so Harrison did the bass part), and a good example of what Harrison brought to the band behind the scenes - Lennon was stuck for material and he brought in snippets of a few different songs he was working on, and Harrison stitched them together into one cohesive thing.

What do you put in your egg mayo? Apart form egg mayo that is 😆
A little salt and white pepper, and since it’s hard to get cress here, and I don’t like the most-recommended substitute (baby arugula), a little bit of minced fresh flat leaf parsley, more for the color than anything else.

Sometimes, if no one is looking, I might splash in a little dill pickle juice, or even vinegar, but just a bit, and that’s not all the time.

Pub-dining room cleaned and ready for afternoon tea, and the next Ringo Recommendations will be the biggies that all the experts single out: Something, Let It Be, and Come Together.

No videos, because if you turn on a classic rock station near you, you’ll probably hear one in the next half-hour. Just go back and listen with fresh ears, like you’re listening for the first time.

Pub-dining room cleaned and ready for afternoon tea, and the next Ringo Recommendations will be the biggies that all the experts single out: Something, Let It Be, and Come Together.

No videos, because if you turn on a classic rock station near you, you’ll probably hear one in the next half-hour. Just go back and listen with fresh ears, like you’re listening for the first time.
That’s what I intend to do.

On the list now -
Rain
She said she said
Something
Let it be
Come together

Looking forward to this now!

A little salt and white pepper, and since it’s hard to get cress here, and I don’t like the most-recommended substitute (baby arugula), a little bit of minced fresh flat leaf parsley, more for the color than anything else.

Sometimes, if no one is looking, I might splash in a little dill pickle juice, or even vinegar, but just a bit, and that’s not all the time.
You know you can grow watercress in your windowsill as a microgreen.

Those are two of my favorites!

I'm going to try out some recipes using sourdough starter discard today. Other than that I might clean out the snack cabinet and maybe clean the master bathroom. I hate cleaning the bathrooms. I'd much rather cook and do dishes.
Well I never got around to cleaning the bathrooms...but I did make a pizza dough for tomorrow night. I only made enough to make one pizza just in case it doesn't turn out great. If it exceeds my expectations I will make a bunch for the freezer! Bathrooms tomorrow...maybe. They aren't visibly "dirty" but they are due for a weekly sanitizing.

IMG_4491.JPG

✅ DONE!

Roast potatoes with tikka?
Tikka tatties 😂
:D :D :D
Not far off, actually!
The chef is a Venezuelan guy - I'd reckon, about 30-35 years old, and a vegetarian...Imagine a chef from Midwest USA becoming the chef to the Bangladeshi Embassy...:hyper::hyper:
Interesting challenge, to be honest. I'm obviously going to walk him through British Curries. That's the easy part. However, the other item he asked me about was Bread & Butter Pudding.
Mission Impossible: your challenge, if you wish to accept, is to convince your Venezuelan chef that British food is not just Fish & Chips and Sunday Roast. This message will disintegrate, along with Spotted Dick, in 10,9,8,7 seconds...:eek:
So here's a new, challenging topic: Traditional British Food

Last edited:
Well, afternoon tea cancelled, power still out and not coming on any time soon, fridge stuff is a lost cause and now just hoping we can salvage the freezer contents.

That’s the plan for today. That, and sit in the dark. But…it could be a lot worse. In the end, it’s just a (mildly expensive) inconvenience.

Well, afternoon tea cancelled, power still out and not coming on any time soon, fridge stuff is a lost cause and now just hoping we can salvage the freezer contents.

That’s the plan for today. That, and sit in the dark. But…it could be a lot worse. In the end, it’s just a (mildly expensive) inconvenience.
Your fridge stuff should still be okay unless you've been opening it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom