Plans for today (2024)

I'm going out to find a new light fitting for the TV room. I hope it doesn't take all day - I hate shopping for things like that.
The one my wife installed a year ago (was her sister's) is ghastly, black, miserable, 'orrible, funerial,and just plain yuk. And very expensive, of course. You can switch the light on and not see anything, so it's going OUT.

I actually cooked my first challenge dish last night, but I had a late TOEFL class and then a long phone call, so it didn't get posted. It will be posted today. Now I'm off to the light shop...

So I went to the light shop, bought 6 lights (well you would in a light shop, wouldn't you?), six sockets for the chandelier and found a strip light with 3 lamps on it, which will go beautifully in the TV room. Only thing is, I have to go back tomorrow because they only had a white strip and I wanted a black one.
Got back home about 1pm: cleaned the kitchen, sent some e-mails, phoned the TV repair man, spoke to my son, had some lunch, sent some money to the gardener, and spoke to another English bloke who's been here in Venezuela for 43 years (like me). He spotted me after last Friday's interview on the radio. At 6.30, we're going to have a few beers!

Here we are almost two years later, back down in The Valley aka Phoenix, for doctor's appointments.
I drove, because DH is still not up to the traffic. That's okay.
Today is his birthday, so I made the executive decision that we would make it a fun trip and go to a Major League Baseball Game.
YAY!
Gates open in two hours...

Here we are almost two years later, back down in The Valley aka Phoenix, for doctor's appointments.
I drove, because DH is still not up to the traffic. That's okay.
Today is his birthday, so I made the executive decision that we would make it a fun trip and go to a Major League Baseball Game.
YAY!
Gates open in two hours...

Hope it’s a good day!

I set part of today aside for some self care, haircut and colour, epilate and maybe even slap some moisturiser on but I have set this time aside many many times now and when I get to it I really can’t be bothered, I’d rather go n do something else, today is no different.
I’m thinking as you get older you bother with all this stuff less?
I dunno, clue me in folks. Are these rituals important at all or did you ditch your maintenance programme?

Are these rituals important at all or did you ditch your maintenance programme?
I feel they are important. Stress relieving and it's telling the world you/I have not given up on ourselves, as we evidently have not.
Now postponing is a regular occurrence. But when I actually do them, feels good.

Back
Top Bottom