Plans for today (2024)

So far I had a cup of coffee and watered the garden.
Oven is pre-heating to bake bread.
Gotta get out some emails today and fill in forms to renew my passport.
And I have to cut some branches of a tree that is shading my solar panels.
And we'll see if I manage to get a batch of beer going
Thats a lot.
Hope a couple of those are on the edge of the list ready to be shoved onto tomorrow 😂

Got to face the phone queue at the Land Registry this morning (it averages 40-60mins listening to a dreary answer machine message on loop 🙄) in the hope of hearing something positive about getting mums house in her name as a useable asset and if it's not in progress try to nudge them in the right direction.

Don't understand. What is a usable asset as opposed to an unusable one? My ignorance...

I was hoping to finish weeding the garden this morning, but that plan has gone up in smoke because my son managed to dislodge the two teeth that were fixed last week. Another 50 km round trip to the dentist.
I will have time to make some black beans, however. I've been fancying them for a week or so!

Don't understand. What is a usable asset as opposed to an unusable one? My ignorance...

It’s not something you tend to know about unless you’ve got caught up in it at some point.
It’s when you have an asset of value but for some reason can’t use that asset for anything else.

For example being tied into a valuable contract or business agreement but you can’t realise the value out of it due to the agreement you signed.
Or money locked into a long term investment.
Or say you own some land but it’s signed over for other use for a certain number of years (sometimes longer than your own lifetime).
Or in my mum’s case because the deeds for the house and any proof it belonged to her husband are missing the Land Registry eventually (5 years after he died) recently named her on there as the owner but I then discover only in a type of caretaker capacity so she cannot do anything with it - not sell, benefit or profit from it.

And there’s the rub. It’s her house but at the same time not her house.
So with my mum I’ve been pushing for what they call ‘ascension’ which will change her status on the deeds and it will become a usable asset.
I’m nearly there 🤞

was hoping to finish weeding the garden this morning, but that plan has gone up in smoke because my son managed to dislodge the two teeth that were fixed last week. Another 50 km round trip to the dentist.
I will have time to make some black beans, however. I've been fancying them for a week or so!
Weeding not done, but son's teeth are now fixed. Very important because he loves his food :D
Black beans also done.
I've still got time to make some homemade curry powder.

Back
Top Bottom