The CookingBites recipe challenge: garlic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the first one from me - either an appetizer or a light supper:

Recipe - Honey-Garlic Glazed Meatballs

I adore meatballs. I love them, and it seems a shame I seem to make them only around the holidays, so here’s a year-round recipe.

Sweet and moist, nice tickle of garlic in there…we both enjoyed these quite a lot.

Not much else to say, except that they’re also quick and easy - I didn’t start these until well after 5PM, I was (am) tipsy, and we were still eating by 6:15PM.

Here’s the first one from me - either an appetizer or a light supper:

Recipe - Honey-Garlic Glazed Meatballs

I adore meatballs. I love them, and it seems a shame I seem to make them only around the holidays, so here’s a year-round recipe.

Sweet and moist, nice tickle of garlic in there…we both enjoyed these quite a lot.

Not much else to say, except that they’re also quick and easy - I didn’t start these until well after 5PM, I was (am) tipsy, and we were still eating by 6:15PM.
I will try that! Looks fab ❤️

Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Garlic Croutons

garlic_croutons_010418_IMG_3602.JPG

Ok, time for an appetizer:

Recipe - Baked Garlic with Goat Cheese

When I was a kid, my grandad would half-jokingly say, “Boy, yah grow up an’ yah marry yerself an ugly girl - they ain’t much to look at, but they’ll be so grateful, they’ll always treat yah right!”

Dubiousness aside, this dish is an “ugly girl” - it looks awful, but it’s a flavor powerhouse!

As you can see, she’s an oily miss, but that’s ok, it works to everyone’s advantage later on.

Start by roasting peeled cloves in a lot of olive oil, then add in some pine nuts, bake a little longer, then some cheese and some more pine nuts, bake a little longer. That’s it. Serve on crackers or (even better) toasted baguette slices.

Whole cloves of roasted garlic…salty-creamy goat cheese…that almost buttery taste from the pine nuts - oh, but this is good! I believe the word our British friends would use is “moreish.”

Back to that oil - when this first came out of the oven, I thought, “That’s too much 🤬 oil!” and I tried sort of incorporating it in a little, but it wasn’t going anywhere.

Got it into serving dishes, and it rose right to the top. Then it struck me, “Hey, maybe this is by design… 🤔 “ - I plopped a toasty bread slice on top of the oil and, 30 seconds later…roasted garlic-infused crouton! 🤤

So yes…thanks for the advice, grandad, because this is one “ugly girl” that definitely treated me right!

Ok, time for an appetizer:

Recipe - Baked Garlic with Goat Cheese

When I was a kid, my grandad would half-jokingly say, “Boy, yah grow up an’ yah marry yerself an ugly girl - they ain’t much to look at, but they’ll be so grateful, they’ll always treat yah right!”

Dubiousness aside, this dish is an “ugly girl” - it looks awful, but it’s a flavor powerhouse!

As you can see, she’s an oily miss, but that’s ok, it works to everyone’s advantage later on.

Start by roasting peeled cloves in a lot of olive oil, then add in some pine nuts, bake a little longer, then some cheese and some more pine nuts, bake a little longer. That’s it. Serve on crackers or (even better) toasted baguette slices.

Whole cloves of roasted garlic…salty-creamy goat cheese…that almost buttery taste from the pine nuts - oh, but this is good! I believe the word our British friends would use is “moreish.”

Back to that oil - when this first came out of the oven, I thought, “That’s too much 🤬 oil!” and I tried sort of incorporating it in a little, but it wasn’t going anywhere.

Got it into serving dishes, and it rose right to the top. Then it struck me, “Hey, maybe this is by design… 🤔 “ - I plopped a toasty bread slice on top of the oil and, 30 seconds later…roasted garlic-infused crouton! 🤤

So yes…thanks for the advice, grandad, because this is one “ugly girl” that definitely treated me right!
I disagree. I think it's lovely!

Edited to add that the garlic oil is an expected delicious element, and I am a huge fan of both goat cheese and pinenuts.

There hasn't been one entry yet that I didn't like; pretty sure I will be making each and every one of these recipes at some point in my future.

Keep 'em coming. This is early in the game so I anticipate I am going to have a hard time of it, but really happy with what you all are posting here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom