The CookingBites recipe challenge: saffron

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_8963.jpeg

That’s my saffron syrup for later.

Close…small saucepan.
I was remembering Morning Glory's post in the "What is it" thread that was a shot jigger...between small metal ramekins and small saucepans, they kinda look the same when we don't know how big/small they are.

I figured it was a saucepan and it looks like oil and not water, though I could be wrong. Oh, duh. Yeah you just said syrup. Ding ding ding!

saffron syrup for later.
It looked like oil to me too. But it's syrup. Looking good.

Indeed I remember you planned a dessert, that would not be too sweet...or maybe two desserts...

Rose water will be used for either as well?
Sounds intriguing.

Gulab jamun was among the many incredible recipes I read through...who knows...we shall see.

My latest one:

Recipe - Saffron Leisure

IMG_8966.jpeg

This is fun and easy - it’s the first time I’ve ever made a cocktail with whiskey and wine (and saffron, of course).

As you can tell by the color, this is a pleasant summertime, hot-temps refresher. I’d expected this to have a little weight to it, to the taste of it, but the fruit juices lightened this up considerably, so it doesn’t really go down like you’d expect a whiskey cocktail to go down.

My intention was to take a pic with the star anise garnish, then pitch that, because I don’t like the way star anise looks (too spider-like for me, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies), but don’t do that - that little starfishy thing adds quite a bit to the overall tasting experience, because that licorice scent goes right up the nose and really enhances the taste.

…and that name is just too much. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom