The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely eat sweet foods but this has been in the freezer for about two weeks (surprisingly as my wife would normally have had it away in an instant). I spotted it today and really enjoyed it.

magnum s.jpg

Well I failed on most of that. My body had other ideas today and despite ignoring it, it won. I did manage to bake a dairy free chocolate sponge cake, cool it and get it frozen hidden in the deep freeze. I managed to rearrange the roosting perches slightly. Hubby is refereeing the roosting as we speak. It's painful to listen to but my body crashed at 4pm and I had to stay where I was for an hour until I had recovered enough to move to my bed.i did make a 30m ball of sari silk yarn whilst I was in the studio waiting in my wheelchair to be able to move again.
I burnt the chocolate chip oat cookies beyond eating sadly after I failed to turn off the oven after deciding that they were not quite cooked and needed a touch more time.

I got stroppy with our rental company this morning telling them rather clearly that I really didn't care if there was a communication problem with a company repairing the water pump and my landlord, it was their job to deal with it and I was that low on bore water that by Monday I wouldn't be able to flush the toilet and was already washing my clothes in my drinking water. I had reported the problem back around the 22nd January and it still wasn't fixed and it was my only sanitation.... Amazingly less than an hour later the repair company turned up. You meed a new pump... I asked them if they wanted to actually see the broken parts that were no longer in the pressure valve.... Scratches head, what pressure value, what parts.... These ones.... They taken them away and a couple of hours later come back, pressure valve not needed on this system, so they have removed it. Pump leaks, water shouldn't come out of the top... It's always been like that and still managed work... Hour later everything working, you don't need a new pump...we've left it running....

Amazing what happens when you tell someone you're going to be stroppy but not actually get angry, yell, shout or be rude, just level voiced and straight facts.

So I'm installed on the sofa now with a tablet, a blanket I'm knitting and struggling to listen to my hubby try to round up chicks that have a routine with me but don't know him and if he doesn't follow the routine... And he's done it in the wrong order... He's in the 2nd chooks house doing the 5 chicks when he should be in the veg plot doing the 2 sick chicks now... Rounding them up could be
fun! Listening to it isn't!

Have you considered getting a drone(cheaper & easier fly than a R/C helicopter) to do the round-up Australian style?

Watch all the action from your sofa, in real time!

Have you considered getting a drone(cheaper & easier fly than a R/C helicopter) to do the round-up Australian style?

Watch all the action from your sofa, in real time!
Are they able to chop up the veg and take out food? Veg needs chopping in 2 sizes, normal chooks and then my little special needs girl who only has the one eye and has a crossed beak which I have to trim back every week so she cab eat. (She came to me because I can better care for her than the breeder who hatched her because the crumble I have for young chicks is much smaller in size than the one the breeder uses. The breeder won't change to the one I have because it is unmedicated and grease one she uses is medicated against a disease carried by sparrows in her area which is killing all birds in large numbers at the moment, except where I live because I'm not in a town (UK village equivalent))...

Anyhow, some blinking idiot has knocked my brother off his bike yet again. Police are saying totally the other guys fault and are prosecuting. My brother is home from hospital. Not really himself, he's not ranting and raving about it yet. Sure sign he has yet to fully recover from his concussion. Was briefly unconscious then very dazed. Out of it for over 10 minutes... Nothing broken, he bounces much better than I do!

Are they able to chop up the veg and take out food? Veg needs chopping in 2 sizes, normal chooks and then my little special needs girl who only has the one eye and has a crossed beak which I have to trim back every week so she cab eat. (She came to me because I can better care for her than the breeder who hatched her because the crumble I have for young chicks is much smaller in size than the one the breeder uses. The breeder won't change to the one I have because it is unmedicated and grease one she uses is medicated against a disease carried by sparrows in her area which is killing all birds in large numbers at the moment, except where I live because I'm not in a town (UK village equivalent))...

Anyhow, some blinking idiot has knocked my brother off his bike yet again. Police are saying totally the other guys fault and are prosecuting. My brother is home from hospital. Not really himself, he's not ranting and raving about it yet. Sure sign he has yet to fully recover from his concussion. Was briefly unconscious then very dazed. Out of it for over 10 minutes... Nothing broken, he bounces much better than I do!
They can't chop, but they can take the food out.

Hope your brother isn't too badly hurt. There's always that thread to point him too on CC(In Commuting and Utility Cycling).

This evening we went to the theatre to see the Joe Orton play 'What the butler saw' it was not what I was expecting, full on farce. The last 1 of his we saw was dark and I expected this to be as well.

Well I failed on most of that. My body had other ideas today and despite ignoring it, it won. I did manage to bake a dairy free chocolate sponge cake, cool it and get it frozen hidden in the deep freeze. I managed to rearrange the roosting perches slightly. Hubby is refereeing the roosting as we speak. It's painful to listen to but my body crashed at 4pm and I had to stay where I was for an hour until I had recovered enough to move to my bed.i did make a 30m ball of sari silk yarn whilst I was in the studio waiting in my wheelchair to be able to move again.
I burnt the chocolate chip oat cookies beyond eating sadly after I failed to turn off the oven after deciding that they were not quite cooked and needed a touch more time.

I got stroppy with our rental company this morning telling them rather clearly that I really didn't care if there was a communication problem with a company repairing the water pump and my landlord, it was their job to deal with it and I was that low on bore water that by Monday I wouldn't be able to flush the toilet and was already washing my clothes in my drinking water. I had reported the problem back around the 22nd January and it still wasn't fixed and it was my only sanitation.... Amazingly less than an hour later the repair company turned up. You meed a new pump... I asked them if they wanted to actually see the broken parts that were no longer in the pressure valve.... Scratches head, what pressure value, what parts.... These ones.... They taken them away and a couple of hours later come back, pressure valve not needed on this system, so they have removed it. Pump leaks, water shouldn't come out of the top... It's always been like that and still managed work... Hour later everything working, you don't need a new pump...we've left it running....

Amazing what happens when you tell someone you're going to be stroppy but not actually get angry, yell, shout or be rude, just level voiced and straight facts.

So I'm installed on the sofa now with a tablet, a blanket I'm knitting and struggling to listen to my hubby try to round up chicks that have a routine with me but don't know him and if he doesn't follow the routine... And he's done it in the wrong order... He's in the 2nd chooks house doing the 5 chicks when he should be in the veg plot doing the 2 sick chicks now... Rounding them up could be fun! Listening to it isn't!
He'll be teaching them a new routine! Hope today was a better day. Shame about the cookies but I'm sure the chocolate cake will be very good. I think you have mentioned chocolate birthday cake before.

I think you have mentioned chocolate birthday cake before.
Hubby did a chocolate olive oile cake for me for my birthday back around Christmas time, so you have a good memory! This one is a dairy free chocolate Victoria sponge cake with dark chocolate melted into it. I'll do a simple raspberry jam filling with coconut cream (tinned stuff) whipped up into a really light cream, similar to dairy whipped cream, as the cream alternative and leave it at that. I'll try to get some candles over the next couple of days. that's something I failed on sadly. I totally forgot!

Hubby did a chocolate olive oile cake for me for my birthday back around Christmas time, so you have a good memory! This one is a dairy free chocolate Victoria sponge cake with dark chocolate melted into it. I'll do a simple raspberry jam filling with coconut cream (tinned stuff) whipped up into a really light cream, similar to dairy whipped cream, as the cream alternative and leave it at that. I'll try to get some candles over the next couple of days. that's something I failed on sadly. I totally forgot!

A few years ago we bought some small sparklers to put on my mum's birthday cake, she couldn't blow out candles so these were ideal and a bit different.

Three dry and sunny days in row! We get to Tuesday, with little or no rain they'll be issuing drought orders and reminding us about the hosepipe ban they put in place, last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom