The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really getting fed up with the rain, I am itching to get outside and do some gardening but everything is sodden :(

Please send it here. I don't have a single blade of green grass left in my garden. The only thing I can do in the veg plot is water, carefully. You can get water on the leaves of any plant you want to live because the water acts as a lens and burns the leaf before it has evaporated.

Looks like our winter's over. 35 degC at present. 37 degC forecast for later. Minimal rain yet though.

This evening we went to see the film Hidden Figures a brilliant film and I would definitely recommend it :okay:

Just back from the vets. Took 2 chicks there. Came home with 1. That's 1 more than I expected but it's still hard.

I needed confirmation of a disease. First time I've come across it. Now I know, I can euthanase on first sight. 99.9% fatality and contagious to all under maturity. I've 9 that can get it from my flock of 23 and it's transmitted by wild birds. :( :cry:

My tank (1,000 litres) is a nuisance in the summer. A cool shower is possible early morning but in the evening, the water is almost "hot" after having the sun on the tank all day.

Just back from the vets. Took 2 chicks there. Came home with 1. That's 1 more than I expected but it's still hard.

I needed confirmation of a disease. First time I've come across it. Now I know, I can euthanase on first sight. 99.9% fatality and contagious to all under maturity. I've 9 that can get it from my flock of 23 and it's transmitted by wild birds. :( :cry:
Never nice.

Quarantine make it worse by drawing it out?

:hug: so sorry @SatNavSaysStraightOn

At work we have a drinks machine. We have recently received a letter regarding a price increase for the coffee due to brexit, pound price against the dollar blah blah blah, do we want to use cheaper coffee and keep the price the same or continue to use what we do and incur a price increase of 1pence per cup. We are going to have a chat with the FD tomorrow see what he wants to do but remembering what happened with the last machine, the coffee was changed and it wasn't good so folks stopped drinking it, it was changed back and some punched the air and crowed about 'winning the battle' and 'teaching the boss a lesson', it is just a coffee machine :facepalm:

I only drink one mug of coffee per day since finishing working (it was around 10 when working) and there has been no increase here in the price of coffee due to Brexit.

However, I have lost 20% of my pension due to the reduction in exchange rate and another 30% due to the British Government's refusal to pay cost of living increases on my pension even though I have paid into the system for almost 40 years.

Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom