The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stargazing Live with Brian and Dara is from Australia. We watched yesterday's show this evening so not really live. Stunning scenery though :okay:
what we love is that we can step outside of the house and not even wait for our eyes to adjust to the darkness before we can see the milky way. It is simply stunning and last night was a great night to look at it and plenty warm enough to do so in short sleeves. Tonight is in single figures and not even dark yet!

what we love is that we can step outside of the house and not even wait for our eyes to adjust to the darkness before we can see the milky way. It is simply stunning and last night was a great night to look at it and plenty warm enough to do so in short sleeves. Tonight is in single figures and not even dark yet!

It is so easy to forget we are inside looking out and not the other way around.

Must admit I am beginning to find this idea of sending X no of presenters + a film crew on what is basically a first class holiday for almost any excuse just a little wearing. I mean this is the 21st century - pictures can be beamed around the world in seconds - do we need anyone there simply to 'give an opinion' ?
After all XYZ 'do' Spain or America or where ever might have been ok when few people had travelled to these places but seriously the world has moved on.

Must admit I am beginning to find this idea of sending X no of presenters + a film crew on what is basically a first class holiday for almost any excuse just a little wearing. I mean this is the 21st century - pictures can be beamed around the world in seconds - do we need anyone there simply to 'give an opinion' ?
After all XYZ 'do' Spain or America or where ever might have been ok when few people had travelled to these places but seriously the world has moved on.

You won't watching then :wink:

Oh, how I wish we didn't have so much light pollution. Being a city guy most of my life, I always stared into the sky on clear nights, mouth agape, whenever we went on vacations far away from a city.

I have heard it said that aborigines can see stars in the sky that we need a telescope for....

That could be the cider (I've been there myself).

aboriginal.jpg

I have heard it said that aborigines can see stars in the sky that we need a telescope for....
They knew of stars that we only became aware off through unmanned space exploration. Hubble has even proven them right. Path of Voyager I was chosen on their knowledge, and that is now outside our solar system on that path.

And, I am convinced that I saw both Elvis Presley and Bing Crosby on Essaouira beach back in 1971.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom