The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow we are only going to work in the morning because in the afternoon we are going to Sheffield to see The Who. We know they are not in their prime but they are another band to tick off our list.

I couldn't say. It would be like asking what chocolate I prefer.

I love Stone, Snow, King, Blue Claw, soft shell, and Dungeness crabs. Even those little whole ones that you get in Korean ban chan.
In the UK you would be hard pushed to find anything except this - which I think might be similar to your Dungeness crab (oddly named - do you have a Dungeness in America?). I have a Dungeness down the road from me. Its a wonderful and magical place. The site of an old nuclear power station. Made famous by the fact that UK experimental film-maker, Derek Jarman lived there and cultivated a garden which is now a shrine to him. He sadly died from aids.

Cromer-Crab.jpg

Prospect Cottage and Jarman's garden

Jarman-2-009.jpg

Tomorrow we are only going to work in the morning because in the afternoon we are going to Sheffield to see The Who. We know they are not in their prime but they are another band to tick off our list.
I wonder if they will dare sing "hope I die before I get old...."
default_unsure.png

In the UK you would be hard pushed to find anything except this - which I think might be similar to your Dungeness crab (oddly named - do you have a Dungeness in America?). I have a Dungeness down the road from me. Its a wonderful and magical place. The site of an old nuclear power station. Made famous by the fact that UK experimental film-maker, Derek Jarman lived there and cultivated a garden which is now a shrine to him. He sadly died from aids.

View attachment 6324

Prospect Cottage and Jarman's garden

View attachment 6325

That crab actually looks like a Stone crab.
The name Dungeness crab comes from a port town in the northwest US which was named after the low, sandy headlands in England, so there is a connection.

Today was a beautiful day here, around 18°C, and my boy survived his first rugby game with the 16u team.
16u refers to the fact that all players must be under the age of 16 by this June. Since he just turned 13, my wife was terrified that he was going to get crushed, but he held his own today. He did well as a flanker in a couple of scrums a rucks.

That crab actually looks like a Stone crab.
The name Dungeness crab comes from a port town in the northwest US which was named after the low, sandy headlands in England, so there is a connection.

Ah! So it was named after my Dungeness? But my Dungeness in Kent is shingle not sand... its a weird place:

6737753311_a9c365fb20.jpg

Today was a beautiful day here, around 18°C, and my boy survived his first rugby game with the 16u team.
16u refers to the fact that all players must be under the age of 16 by this June. Since he just turned 13, my wife was terrified that he was going to get crushed, but he held his own today. He did well as a flanker in a couple of scrums a rucks.

My youngest son used to play rugby. Its a tough game. I used to hate watching him as I was so worried he'd get hurt.

ZZ Top will be here in May but for the ticket prices, it should include all their albums.
Prices range from $185 to 400+.
Ringo and his All starr band in Austin would be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom