The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had cycled all my adult life! Followed by being a full time carer for my mother that took its toll in seeking comfort in food. She died in November
Oh! I'm sorry. You used to be a cyclist! I did too, but I'm too worried about falling off and breaking bones to get on the saddle again!. I used to ride a racing bike back in the day.

That's not bad going at all! Our metabolism slows down with age and that weight increase (given the timespan) is negligible. Well done!

I have put on a few stones over the years but then I had to stop cycling (an accident - not of my making) - I had cycled all my adult life! Followed by being a full time carer (2 years) for my mother, who had dementia, that took its toll in my seeking comfort in food. She died in November and there is still a highly stressful situation lingering (concerning probate and being fleeced by my sister) which makes it impossible for me to cut back on food, as I know I should. Oh well!
Love your theory.
Except the first 25 came in a 6 month spurt after I got married. The second 25 came after I quit smoking. That one was so strange. Buy new (used) clothes every couple of weeks. The charity shop actually offered me an exchange program. Not to mention, it felt like I was going through puberty again. I actually called an eating disorder clinic to find out. I was so glad when I leveled off.

Some quite large fresh water prawns in our local Makro today. Bht 385.00/kg (c. US$ 11.00). There's a little under 900 gms here, 22 prawns. My wife froze them in 3 portions until we decide what to do with them.

fresh prawns s.jpg

Dish is 170 mm diameter.

Love your theory.
Except the first 25 came in a 6 month spurt after I got married. The second 25 came after I quit smoking. That one was so strange. Buy new (used) clothes every couple of weeks. The charity shop actually offered me an exchange program. Not to mention, it felt like I was going through puberty again. I actually called an eating disorder clinic to find out. I was so glad when I leveled off.
Well of course there are many reasons for putting on weight and what I disclosed was NOT a theory! Cycling kept me fit and I was not able to replace this (following the accident) since it came directly on the heels of becoming a full time carer! Overeating and lack of exercise is a no brainer!

So buying new clothes motivated you to lose weight? I am quite motivated but, am in a very grim situation that keeps scuppering my attempts. I have now accepted it will have to wait until reconciliation. I don't feel my weight defines me though since I am a spiritual person.

Well of course there are many reasons for putting on weight and what I disclosed was NOT a theory! Cycling kept me fit and I was not able to replace this (following the accident) since it came directly on the heels of becoming a full time carer! Overeating and lack of exercise is a no brainer!

So buying new clothes motivated you to lose weight? I am quite motivated but, am in a very grim situation that keeps scuppering my attempts. I have now accepted it will have to wait until reconciliation. I don't feel my weight defines me though since I am a spiritual person.
I meant love the theory that you spread my weight gain out over a long period. Mine just didn't fit the norm.
Oh heck no, I hate clothes buying. I haven't lost any of the weight I put on in this marriage. I needed every pound well except maybe the last 5.

The weight loss was caused by some bad life choices. (Read ex-husbands here).
The first one couldn't be bothered to give me grocery money but he could sure spend it on his mistresses. Other problems in that marriage too.
Second round of weight loss was caused by job and the attitude of my second ex. I wouldn't eat his cooking after he made a comment. Shortly thereafter, we broke up but not before the damage was done.
I worked in a job where I got paid to drink. I was eating about every 3 days.
It took several years to get my body back to somewhat normal. It was 5 years before I got hunger pains.
When me and third husband got married, he would ask if I was hungry. The answer was always no, but I will eat. Knocked my blood sugar out of whack.

Oh! I'm sorry. You used to be a cyclist! I did too, but I'm too worried about falling off and breaking bones to get on the saddle again!. I used to ride a racing bike back in the day.
I'm still peddling...just around town...now, I wear a huge bulbous helmet and look like the old guys I used to laugh at when I was a kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom