The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had porridge for breakfast, Sainsburys brand, I did exactly what it said on the packet and it came out of the microwave looking like wallpaper paste so I have have had to add a lot more milk. Still not brilliant so next time more milk less cooking time.

I am finding my way around now. This is a really neat forum.
The guy who set it up, @Shaun is really nice. He has a cycling forum that is very popular and successful with hundreds of visitors every day. It would be great to get this one to fly too, so tell your friends, the more visitors and the more posts the more others will be attracted. :happy:

I am finding my way around now. This is a really neat forum.
We've also just had a major reorganisation of the categories, so if you find a thread in the wrong place, blame me, use the report button below the words of the first (or any reply to) post and let me know and I'll more it to a better location. :whistling:

Another 4 eggs this morning. It was chaos in there! Only my little black chook didn't lay and she's on an off day today, only lays 2 days out of 3.
I'm getting a couple of chicks tomorrow to try to deal with the vicious broody hen. She had taken to trying to sit on each and every egg lain by any hen and tries to do so before they have even lain.

I've had 17 eggs off them this week which given only 1 lays every day, and I don't know who laid yesterday whilst we were out (a raven is stashing eggs from the chook house and we were out shopping) 1 is in her 6th laying season, 2 more are on their 3rd and I only have 5 chooks isn't bad really given 3 only arrived 10 days ago and disrupted everything.

Glad we like eggs.

That is great on your eggs. I take it you are enjoying the piece and quiet.

That is great on your eggs. I take it you are enjoying the piece and quiet.
I need eat defenders at the moment. I'm trying to get them used to a new feeder where they stand on it and their weight opens it because the wild bird population here has found the chook feed and it's spring here so breeding season. we are losing too much feed to them. So it's all chaos out there. They are hungry and not impressed because I'm not putting feed down. They are totally free range but in a stable at night safe. The veranda has become their favourite place to sit and wait for me to hijack me as I leave the house... And they know how to whine... Also rural Australia is not a quiet place. When the chooks roost, the cacophony of frogs takes over, not to mention possums bouncing on the tin roof, wombats making just down right weird noises and now we have a heron to add to the sulphur crested cockatoos, crimson Rosellas, eastern Rosellas, Australian magpies, Australian ravens... It's not quiet but significantly better than a town or city!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom