The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's just surviving till then. Just looking at a bottle of morphine and a glass of something to help my bowels. I think, though it is a close call, that the morphine tastes better. It's 3am so my judgement could be affected.
Morphine is notorious for causing constipation...

Well, what a day. One of the guys on the shop floor gave me a tin of quality street for the office staff, it's his birthday so he was handing out tins of sweeties, we were supposed to have a visitor today so I ordered some lunch-he didn't turn up so we had to eat it. There are still some chocolates left :angelic:

Well, what a day. One of the guys on the shop floor gave me a tin of quality street for the office staff, it's his birthday so he was handing out tins of sweeties, we were supposed to have a visitor today so I ordered some lunch-he didn't turn up so we had to eat it. There are still some chocolates left :angelic:
What is quality street? I hope a type of goodie.
I don't think we have that here.

Morphine is notorious for causing constipation...
yep - been on it 2 years come December. But I'm actually worse on codeine (not that it touches my pain) and find I can get by, if I'm careful with my diet and adding sennacot in as well, without needing medication to deal with those issues. Normally my morphine intake is only via time release tablets which doesn't cause anywhere near the issues in me, that liquid (or IV) morphine does. At the moment, it is everytime I take a dose of liquid morphine I have to have a glass of 'something else'! :(

Wasn't there some scandal recently about one of the Quality Street varieties being dropped? The toffee deluxe.... see here: Old favourite dropped from...

What is quality street? I hope a type of goodie.
I don't think we have that here.

They are mixed chocolates which come in big tins aroud Christmas time and became a bit of a must have over the festive season but you can buy them all year round.

quality-street_assortiment.jpg

Wasn't there some scandal recently about one of the Quality Street varieties being dropped? The toffee deluxe.... see here: Old favourite dropped from...

I like toffee so it is a shame the deluxe should be dropped, would have thought the toffee penny would go because they appear to be the least popular, someone on here may prove me wrong, but I do not know anyone who likes them apart from me.

On the move, bar the last half hour, since half seven this morning.

First hospital this morning, doctors midday(roughly) then a second hospital(different town) and home via the A&E of the first hospital this evening. Minor problem leaving me sore, new lump on the noggin and limited visibility out of the left eye. Hopefully temporary.

Nine months and four visits and he finally reads my records. Then promptly discharghed me!

I like toffee so it is a shame the deluxe should be dropped, would have thought the toffee penny would go because they appear to be the least popular, someone on here may prove me wrong, but I do not know anyone who likes them apart from me.
when I could have dairy, they were my favourite as well...:D

On the move, bar the last half hour, since half seven this morning.

First hospital this morning, doctors midday(roughly) then a second hospital(different town) and home via the A&E of the first hospital this evening. Minor problem leaving me sore, new lump on the noggin and limited visibility out of the left eye. Hopefully temporary.

Nine months and four visits and he finally reads my records. Then promptly discharghed me!

Blimey! You have had a rough day. I hope things improve in the noggin.

Blimey! You have had a rough day. I hope things improve in the noggin.
Started out normal enough, hospital visits were routine, as was the doctors. Third visit wasn't by appointment.

Did get asked what the other one looked like though. Whilst she sang Johnny Logans' "What's another pair". Trousers split, Hulk style, don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom