The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not extremely cold - 39 degrees F. Raining and windy. I don't mind the temperature but the rain and the wind chill my bones. The fireplace is lit. It was originally a wood burning fireplace. 10/12 years ago we converted to LPG. SOOO much nicer. No smoke, no ashes, no smell, no chimney cleaning. Push button start. AHHHH! A bowl of Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Later a dirty vodka martini.

Not extremely cold - 39 degrees F. Raining and windy. I don't mind the temperature but the rain and the wind chill my bones. The fireplace is lit. It was originally a wood burning fireplace. 10/12 years ago we converted to LPG. SOOO much nicer. No smoke, no ashes, no smell, no chimney cleaning. Push button start. AHHHH! A bowl of Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Later a dirty vodka martini.
I don't think it was that much warmer here this morning either... 7C and we are in summer but the day ended up at 25C... Tomorrow morning is due to be the same and Saturday if due to be much colder. The fire nearly got out here again this morning but I found that with the sky being clear the sun room warmed up much more quickly heating up the house very efficiently. Tomorrow will be another matter entirely. There's a weather front coming in overnight...

One of my chickens was missing tonight...

I have been down on eggs this last 3 weeks and have been saying I thought we had another girl going broody... Well now one has done a disappearing act and I'm seeing evidence of breast plucking and big poops I think the answer will probably present itself in around 21 days time! Just what I needed... Now I have to spend tomorrow trying to find her to ensure she and her nest are safe. Another chook is due chicks tomorrow, a 3rd had decided her chicks are ready to roost only they can't get get up onto the roost and I'm trying hard to get my 5 6 week of chicks into the general population but they have colds d so I can't until they are better! Ahhhh

Just when we thought winter had arrived!

temp.jpg

The past few years my colleague and myself(mostly me) sort out the office Christmas tree, this year it was done today so that all 4 of us females could get involved. It got a bit smutty, the lads were cheeky but in all it was fun. I helped a bit to show face but it isn't something I take pleasure in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom