The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)The code command is : hug : otherwise known as colons on each end. Leave out the spaces. :hug:

:)The code command is : hug : otherwise known as colons on each end. Leave out the spaces. :hug:
yep - but if you use the code notification, you don't need to leave the spaces out! I can also add a few more options to the commands so that the others will work as well. I have the power... whhhaaaaa

So you can have : hug : or you can actually use
Code:
:hug:
and show it correctly without the need to add the spaces and tell the world to omit them. Its under the same button as the spoiler tag btw.

and now the rest of the world does not have a clue as to what you and I are going on about (nothing new from my point of view for me that is) because I have been through and added some extra codes in so that all of what I put in before is now recognised and filled in... so
Code:
:hugs:
:cuddle:
:cuddles:
are all :hug: and shows 4 times in both my original and your quote! hehe

Well actually I was trying to give you hugs and cuddles. Gentle of course. Can't risk those ribs.
ahhh - we don't have a separate smilie for the difference. I can just have more than 1 command to trigger the system to put the same image in place. So all 4 will get the same response. It is just that on CycleChat which is where I first started out 7 years ago I think, (or was it 6?) the commands are slightly different and then there were some additional sites that @Shaun used to run which also used ever so slightly different commands for the same smilie. So I am used to several things to get the same response and in some cases they actually triggered different responses. So if you find one that you think needs to be amended, added to or just feels totally wrong for the smilie, just drop us a line via the report button or the site support forum and one of us can amend it. Next on my to-do list relating to smilies is to sort the order out and kill off the ones that never get used. I have already found 2 separate entries for the same smilie, so it was in the list twice with different commands. It is now in there once with those commands triggering the same smilie, so that is 1 less in the list that get shown!

On a different note, I went for a small walk with the camera today to have a look at the view this morning. I have bene thinking about doing a 'this is the view' weekly photo on my blog to show the view and how it changes through the year. And whilst I was only meters from the car port, I spotted a series of yellow flowers. I have been photo'ing most things around here with a view to identifyign them to learn them.... so thought that they were the normal yellow thing that remains as of yet unidentified but well photoed.

View attachment 3916
This stuff

Only when I got closer I realised instantly that I was looking at an orchid. Now I have a thing for orchids and at one time actually had 30 or more growing in the house including an air orchid which are very difficult to grow and actually keep alive. Mine had been going for 2 years before we left to go off and cycle around the world. So I knew instantly it was an orchid. It was a slender stem with typical orchid leaves and flowers and yellow.... It looks like this!

View attachment 3917 View attachment 3918

And it is a tiger orchid (Diuris sulphurea/)

I love orchids as well and that is so pretty.

yep - but if you use the code notification, you don't need to leave the spaces out! I can also add a few more options to the commands so that the others will work as well. I have the power... whhhaaaaa

So you can have : hug : or you can actually use
Code:
and show it correctly without the need to add the spaces and tell the world to omit them. Its under the same button as the spoiler tag btw.

:scratchhead:

I thought I wanted to crochet. Cinnamon (the chihuahua) has decided he needs to lay on the blanket I am working on. Since he isn't feeling well, I am letting him have his way. He has a bad foot at the moment.

I thought I wanted to crochet. Cinnamon (the chihuahua) has decided he needs to lay on the blanket I am working on. Since he isn't feeling well, I am letting him have his way. He has a bad foot at the moment.
The blanket I am knitting is in the sunroom which is generally too warm to work in now. After about 40 stitches you find yourself nodding off and with 400 stitches to a row... whilst I can knit with my eyes closed, I can't knit in my sleep (yet). And given I can't lift the blanket to move it anywhere else, little progress is being made on it which is probably just as well because I am waiting for some yarn to turn up. It is cheaper to buy what I want from Turkey (an ebay seller I have used before), and get 8 balls of something I only want 1 or 2 balls of, and pay for the postage for all 8 balls than it is to buy 1 ball in Australia and pay the postage here. Even 1 ball is more expensive than the 8 and as for the postage, Aussie postage is expensive except for sending things overseas. Sending birthday cards back home is less than AUD $3, but try sending something internally... even locally (there does not seem to be a difference in rates on how far within australia you are sending something).

The blanket I am knitting is in the sunroom which is generally too warm to work in now. After about 40 stitches you find yourself nodding off and with 400 stitches to a row... whilst I can knit with my eyes closed, I can't knit in my sleep (yet). And given I can't lift the blanket to move it anywhere else, little progress is being made on it which is probably just as well because I am waiting for some yarn to turn up. It is cheaper to buy what I want from Turkey (an ebay seller I have used before), and get 8 balls of something I only want 1 or 2 balls of, and pay for the postage for all 8 balls than it is to buy 1 ball in Australia and pay the postage here. Even 1 ball is more expensive than the 8 and as for the postage, Aussie postage is expensive except for sending things overseas. Sending birthday cards back home is less than AUD $3, but try sending something internally... even locally (there does not seem to be a difference in rates on how far within australia you are sending something).
It is starting to get cold here. Why I wanted to work on the blanket. I don't know what it costs to ship something here. I think to mail a letter is 50 cents. Or half $1USD. We tend to use Amazon Prime to buy and ship things. Makes life simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom