The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is, I don't like weekends any more. Too many people around and kids everywhere. In the week they are at at work or in school. And it seems its going to rain here too tomorrow :rain::rain:

Last edited:
I have a very good tribute album called "The Tower of Song - The Songs of Leonard Cohen".
  1. "Everybody Knows" – Don Henley
  2. "Coming Back to You" – Trisha Yearwood
  3. "Sisters of Mercy" – Sting with The Chieftains
  4. "Hallelujah" – Bono
  5. "Famous Blue Raincoat" – Tori Amos
  6. "Ain't No Cure for Love" – Aaron Neville
  7. "I'm Your Man" – Elton John
  8. "Bird on a Wire" – Willie Nelson
  9. "Suzanne" – Peter Gabriel
  10. "Light as the Breeze" – Billy Joel
  11. "If It Be Your Will" – Jann Arden
  12. "Story of Isaac" – Suzanne Vega
  13. "Coming Back to You" – Martin Gore

I have downloaded scrabble onto my tablet and really enjoy playing it, unfortunately between each game there is an advert, I understand that this is how they are funded but it makes the game unplayable after a few while because a lot of adverts just run and cannot be stopped or skipped over.

Oh yes - its an app, of course. I seem to remember there was something about a new version of scrabble where users had to pay to opt-out of ads.

I've yet to find a Scrabble version I like. I used to have a genuine and legal hacked version of a wonderful little Scrabble game that ran on DOS 6.2. it came from my time at uni first time around (undergraduate) when I was asked to test out a programme by the brother of a games writer... It went on to be quite a famous version of Scrabble but sadly my version stopped working despite me keeping an old laptop with a floppy disk drive and only DOS 6.2 on it. The game had to run off a floppy disk and they only have a certain life... Mine lasted over 20 years so I got a very good innings from it. I looked at its direct replacement but didn't like it last time I looked. Maybe I'll look again soon!

I've yet to find a Scrabble version I like. I used to have a genuine and legal hacked version of a wonderful little Scrabble game that ran on DOS 6.2. it came from my time at uni first time around (undergraduate) when I was asked to test out a programme by the brother of a games writer... It went on to be quite a famous version of Scrabble but sadly my version stopped working despite me keeping an old laptop with a floppy disk drive and only DOS 6.2 on it. The game had to run off a floppy disk and they only have a certain life... Mine lasted over 20 years so I got a very good innings from it. I looked at its direct replacement but didn't like it last time I looked. Maybe I'll look again soon!

My husband found something similar but as it is free it is basic, good but you have to play against the computer which is a fair way to play because in a real game you cannot see your opponents tiles but with the original I play against myself which I find more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom