The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a small nightlight in our bathroom. It helps in the middle of the night. We have a window in our bathroom.
Now our bathroom used to be brighter during the day until our neighbor got a good deal on a dark paint. Now we don't get reflected sunlight.

You absolutely do count @SatNavSaysStraightOn, re the supermoon. You were supposed to have the biggest yesterday. But it should still be big tonight. Its all over the world, I think.

But It was yesterday for me! Last night - the night of the 14th going into the 15th. Well it's the 15th here today 10:40am.... I'm 11 hours ahead of you, so my now is your tomorrow. And your daytime is my night-time. :o_o: and I am as confused as you trust me.
Not a great photo, but you can see the moon shadows....

It did get a lot clearer around midnight and it was amazing. But it was midnight for me, and I was in my PJ's and can't get dressed by myself still (ribs are still an issue, getting in and out of bed is hard enough and which side of the bed I sleep on depends on which side of my rib cage is hurting the most when I go to bed!)... Plus I know I tend to disturb my OH if I am not careful, so I try not to go back into the bedroom unless I am ready for sleep.

Anyhow, those were probably the best I managed which is a real shame but that was on my little camera. I tried on the big camera, but my OH failed in the instructions of bringing the smaller lens out and also didn't bring out the tripod which we have now located and also I couldn't remember how to get timer control up on the big camera so I could use the mirror lock up facility to get a reasonable picture - plus there is an art to photoing the moon and I don't have it!

Edited to move picture over to media gallery

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Supermoon? Cloudy here unfortunately...

Impressive, what?

supermoon.jpg

Impressive, what?

I was being sarcastic. I may try again this evening before it gets dark. We don't have long though. The time between light and complete dark is only around 10 minutes.

I was being sarcastic. I may try again this evening before it gets dark. We don't have long though. The time between light and complete dark is only around 10 minutes.
I know and I know, and so was I, hence why I hadn't posted the other shot... and I know... It isn't long here either. It is like someone turning down a dimmer switch. I think having been brought up with long drawn out and often glorious sunsets and sunrises I miss them. It was great in the very far north of Norway after the 24 hour daylight came to an end. There was a period where the sunset lasted until sunrise and it was around 4 or 5 hours at one point! Fantastic....

Here I can't really capture the moon rise at dusk because there are mountains in the way sadly. But it is meant to be clearer tonight here, so... again I will have looked up those darn instructions and see if I can find a better place to capture a picture from without actually ending up in either a wombat's den or one of those mountainous sand hills those huge darn ants build that have a rather sharp bite! And I don't mean they taste tarty!

I wandered out earlier before it became totally dark. I doubt whether the moon was behind those clouds because 10 minutes later it was pitch black.

no moon.jpg

My niece is at college doing baking, apparently she is a very good. She will be coming to us on Boxing day and is bringing her own made Christmas cake :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom