The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best US President of my lifetime (IMO) is one that I did not vote for. But, in hindsight, he got $#-T done. Bill Clinton.

We actually had a balanced budget when he left office, which the following President squandered with a big tax cut for the wealthy, along with increased spending on the military -- and two wars.

I don't need to mention the worst in my lifetime. :rolleyes: He actually makes Nixon look good.

CD

Here's the weather forecast here in SE Texas in both F and C:
Screenshot_20230711-093150_The Weather Channel.jpg
Screenshot_20230711-093219_The Weather Channel.jpg

The heat is back, coming in from Arizona.

1689103545204.png

My sister on the North side of Houston is getting pretty much the same temperatures. Houston is usually a little bit cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter, thanks to the Gulf of Mexico. That big body of water moderates temperatures -- usually.

CD

A fly got into the house yesterday, and he buzzes past my head from time to time, and then disappears. :headshake:

CD

The heat is back, coming in from Arizona.

View attachment 102361

My sister on the North side of Houston is getting pretty much the same temperatures. Houston is usually a little bit cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter, thanks to the Gulf of Mexico. That big body of water moderates temperatures -- usually.

CD
Well, we don't live in the Phoenix metro area, but ...
IT'S RAINING!!! YAH!!
It's so very dry and we need rain so badly!

But, no, there's no such thing as global warming and climate change... :rolleyes:

I REALLY dread our electric bill.

I have to wonder what your home insurance bills are like. I keep hearing that Insurance companies are pulling out of Florida, and rates are ridiculous, due to the high risk of stronger hurricanes. Apparently, some Florida government officials are blaming "wokeness" for this.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

CD

I have to wonder what your home insurance bills are like. I keep hearing that Insurance companies are pulling out of Florida, and rates are ridiculous, due to the high risk of stronger hurricanes. Apparently, some Florida government officials are blaming "wokeness" for this.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

CD

They are sky high. WAYYY more than most of the rest of the country. Coincidentally, there was an article in my news feed this morning on the subject.

State senator says Gov. DeSantis needs to ‘come home,’ call special session to address property insurance crisis

What really ticks me off though is that Insurance companies in the past that have refused to write home insurance policies have been allowed to continue writing car, boat, motorcycle policies. I've always felt that if they refuse to write one kind that they do in other states, then they shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose what to write in Florida or any other state.

At least Farmer's is pulling out of Florida entirely from what I have read so far.

I won't even get onto my feelings about DiSanctimonius gallavanting around the country when he should be taking care of Florida. That rule about a governor not being allowed to run for another political position needs to be reinstated promptly. But, as always with his super majority senate and house, that will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom