The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. Is there a thread on sous vide cooking anywhere?
I've searched but it's mentioned so often I can't find a dedicated thread.
There are a few, but the newest one (I could find*) is from 2021, so feel free to start a new one.

*I found these by clicking the search feature, then just searching titles only for “sous.”

There are a few, but the newest one (I could find*) is from 2021, so feel free to start a new one.

*I found these by clicking the search feature, then just searching titles only for “sous.”
It might be useful for SSOAP to look over the old threads too. I did a search using "sous vide" and just went straight to the oldest one.

Good evening. Is there a thread on sous vide cooking anywhere?
I've searched but it's mentioned so often I can't find a dedicated thread.

Besides the one GG just opened, there is another one. I'll have to search for it, as it has been inactive for a while.

CD

IIRC, that older one has a lot of good information in it.

A fly got into the house yesterday, and he buzzes past my head from time to time, and then disappears. :headshake:

CD
There are 2 in the sitting room at the moment. One is on day 3, so it should die tonight. The other arrived yesterday.
We will no doubt wake to it tomorrow trying to do backstroke on the windowsill.

Chilly here, but at least the sun is finally coming out again. The UV levels hit 4 yesterday. At 3 it's sunscreen and hats.
You can knock 3°C off all of those temperatures for where I live, some 400m higher in altitude and in a windier location. (I've given Canberra simply to protect where I live. )

20230714_073348.jpg

20230714_073406.jpg

20230714_073428.jpg

We won't get even vaguely that warm. Usually if Canberra is forecast 16°C (61F), we might get it 12°C briefly, if it is sunny. If it is cloudy, we won't get into double figures. We're sufficiently far from Canberra to have our own micro climate controlled by the flood plain we live close to, but well above. And we're often cloudy or in low cloud when Canberra is sunny all day.

(Sorry no Fahrenheit but Australia is a totally metric country (right down to joules instead of calories) and my app doesn't switch between the two.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom