The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting a good thunderstorm right now. HEAVY soaking rain. :dance: Some very small hail. And, the current temperature is 79F/26C.

It is not going to last. By mid week, the forecast is for 105F/41C. But, I'll take what I can get.

CD

We are getting a good thunderstorm right now. HEAVY soaking rain. :dance: Some very small hail. And, the current temperature is 79F/26C.

It is not going to last. By mid week, the forecast is for 105F/41C. But, I'll take what I can get.

CD

Must be a relief. I think I'd be running walking out in that rain!

No rain here in the Houston area since July 3rd.
Screenshot_20230716-123101_The Weather Channel.jpg

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I've had a drink of anything with alcohol in it. I just haven't felt like it, though there are several bottles of wine in the garage refrigerator here at my brother's house. I was sick for quite a bit of that time so just as well. Anyway, this coming Thursday I'm going over to Port Arthur to see my 87-year-old aunt (who was married to my mom's youngest brother) and she loves wine so we'll have several glasses and dinner together at her house. I'm seeing my cousins over the weekend and I fly back to Akron on Monday the 24th. I'll be glad to get out of this heat!

Last edited:
Somehow my 2 flies became 4 today. I managed to trap one between the window and the mesh, so that's 1 down. Until hubby came home they're was another trapped in the fridge (nothing in there exposed so it's not an issue). I had planned to catch it, but it escaped when hubby opened the fridge and swatted it away! Come on man. You could have caught it for me!

So they're are still 3 in the house. I'm wondering if we've something dead in the roof? If the number has increased again tomorrow, I'll have the answer.
My cats love it when a fly gets into the house - very fun to chase them!

The tabby cat is a master - she’ll swat them out of the air and kill them. She’s mommy’s sweet little homicidal maniac.

The tortoiseshell - sometimes I think she lets them live because they’re fun to chase while alive. Other times I’m not so sure. One time she caught one in her mouth, and happily started mewing and trotted over to show me how clever she was - opened her mouth to show me and the fly flew out! I had to laugh even though the cat looked sooooo disappointed.

Ugh, wildfire smoke is back. It’s a sort of grey-green haze outside (in town, anyway). It’s so weird when the entire sky in every direction is the same color.
If it's like that all the way down in SW Ohio I can only imagine what it's like up close to the lake (Erie) near where I live. So I'll be going home out of the heat and into the smoke. Bummer. Maybe it will be cleared up by next Monday when I fly out.

If it's like that all the way down in SW Ohio I can only imagine what it's like up close to the lake (Erie) near where I live. So I'll be going home out of the heat and into the smoke. Bummer. Maybe it will be cleared up by next Monday when I fly out.
Yeah, my AQI is 116…yours is 154. :(

I have to wonder what your home insurance bills are like. I keep hearing that Insurance companies are pulling out of Florida, and rates are ridiculous, due to the high risk of stronger hurricanes. Apparently, some Florida government officials are blaming "wokeness" for this.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

CD
X2

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom