The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Christmas section has popped up in Walmart, but I can easily avoid that part of the store, so I don't have to see it.

CD

You do know, you can’t kill a snowman animated through the Spirt of Christmas! :laugh:

Sure you can. You just need an animated handgun.

1696104599977.png

CD

I have been told I tend to talk "passionately" about food (and the pictures I show as I'm describing it), so I found a way to pass the time while striking. There's a nice lady that happens to be in the same area as me and she's a food lover and I ended up talking her ear off and showing her pictures for 6 hours. Her general response? "You are making me hungry and I'm starting to drool." She snapped her fingers about 76 times. She said that was her way of trying to make the food come out of my phone ready for her to eat. :D

Well, I can write off my trip to NYC. I looked up today, and saw a 15-foot long crack in the sheetrock of one of my living room walls. Looks like I'll be spending my vacation money on foundation work. 💰💰💰

CD

It must be tough having Christmas in summer. Although, I've worn short sleeves on Christmas Day more than a few times in Texas.

CD
We've had to completely change our approach and what we eat because it's often 35-40°C on the day and traditional meals are just out. It's also weird it being so hot that you don't want the windows or blinds open, so you're sitting in darkness despite it being the hottest party of the year. And the Christmas tree needs about a litre of water a day to stay alive.

We've had to completely change our approach and what we eat because it's often 35-40°C on the day and traditional meals are just out. It's also weird it being so hot that you don't want the windows or blinds open, so you're sitting in darkness despite it being the hottest party of the year. And the Christmas tree needs about a litre of water a day to stay alive.
I could not handle that, any of that, at all. I couldn’t do it. Nope. :headshake:

I could not handle that, any of that, at all. I couldn’t do it. Nope. :headshake:
We tried the first Christmas we were here to have our usually Christmas meal, with the homemade Christmas cake and so on. It's the first time ever we've not eaten the cake. It was too heavy and too filling to eat in the heat. Our usual meal was a vegan Laksa, homemade from scratch sauce and all. Too hot and too spicy in the 38°C heat. The next heat was hotter. Since then we've moved over to cold soups and salads and a fruit pavlova. We then picnic with the rest of it over the next few days, usually heading towards the coast for the picnics. Fresh fruit now features heavily in Christmas meals instead of dried fruit.

Christmas Day and the temperature is still around 27-28C. No problem - roast turkey or leg of pork, roast potatoes and veg. I've never had a problem with (so-called) winter food in hot climates. We don't suddenly start drinking soup when October comes around: se drink soup all year round. What does NOT go down well are the heavy, stodgy Xmas sweets like mince pies, Xmas cake and Xmas pudding. Actually made them one, about 30 years ago, and they went down like a lead balloon. Nobody ate them!

It must be tough having Christmas in summer. Although, I've worn short sleeves on Christmas Day more than a few times in Texas.

CD
People go swimming here on Christmas Day many years. Shorts and shirt sleeves, even tank tops are seen more years than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom