The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve had one hot-weather Christmas in our lives, and that was 1991 in San Antonio. I think my psyche blocked out any memory of that to save (or preserve what’s left of) my sanity.

Truly, I can remember just about every Christmas we’ve had since we’ve been together - I have no memory of Christmas 1991, couldn’t tell you where the tree was in the apartment, what gifts we exchanged, where we ate for our meal out, what we had at home on the day…complete blank.

Other than that, the next “warmest” were the ones in England - weather (cold and rainy) was more like an Ohio Spring, except that England is so damp, the otherwise mild cold really has a way of seeping into the bones and making you feel about 20F colder than it really is, so it still felt like a properly miserable Christmas, and by miserable, I mean that in the best way!

Yeah, it's pretty warm here still also. We are at 80 (Fahrenheit Murica') but then again it's Michigan, one of the very few places where you can literally go swimming and skiing in the same week and it's considered normal.

We're on the wild swings in temperature game again this week.

Yesterday was 30°C (or 85F)... later this week were back in single figures. Today is due to be warmer but by Thursday/Friday we're back to 2°C overnight. There's a big storm front pushing up from the Antarctic and the Southern Ocean.

Screenshot_20231002_090807_Weatherzone+.jpgScreenshot_20231002_090825_Weatherzone+.jpg

It was 77F here today. Supposed to be 80F’s the next few days.

Sat on the sofa minding my iwn when there was a really bright flash then an ear splitting bang..nearly jumped off the sofa...it is now pouring down and my heart rate almost back to normal ..
I kinda like when that happens!

I finally got my splint off today, AND I get to keep it off! Yaaaay!

My fingers are incredibly, incredibly stiff still. Can’t straighten them, and can only sorta make a fist. I have a ton of exercises to do hourly - I’m sure my productivity at work is about to drop cause I’ll be spending all my time doing hand/finger stretches.

I was actually trying to straighten my fingers in this photo and this was as good as it got. Still super swollen too.

IMG_8305.jpeg

I finally got my splint off today, AND I get to keep it off! Yaaaay!

My fingers are incredibly, incredibly stiff still. Can’t straighten them, and can only sorta make a fist. I have a ton of exercises to do hourly - I’m sure my productivity at work is about to drop cause I’ll be spending all my time doing hand/finger stretches.

I was actually trying to straighten my fingers in this photo and this was as good as it got. Still super swollen too.

View attachment 105483
Voltaren really helps me with my carpel tunnel, maybe it could also help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom