The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it was here at that time today. We are a bit further South that you (North Texas is at the same latitude as Northern Morocco).

CD
This is global warming doing its tricks. More and more we're getting into a climate where we have only two seasons as opposed to the four we used to have. Which is very worrying, for all the obvious reasons, but for me personally sucks because I really enjoy both spring and autumn.

I do so love this time of year... woolly socks and sandals time. It's also 2 t-shirts weather. 1 long sleeve and 1 short sleeve. You start with both on, then move to just the long sleeved t shirt, by mid afternoon, just the short sleeved and by dark, probably both of them and the woolly socks back on.

These are for the 2 cities either side of me.

So anything up to 28°C or 82F one day and the next morning anything down to 2°C or 35F.

Screenshot_20231010_211807_Weatherzone+.jpgScreenshot_20231010_211911_Weatherzone+.jpg

This is global warming doing its tricks. More and more we're getting into a climate where we have only two seasons as opposed to the four we used to have. Which is very worrying, for all the obvious reasons, but for me personally sucks because I really enjoy both spring and autumn.
I feel the same way. I also love spring and fall.

Another 'summer day in October' here with temperatures at 25C/77F. Walked for an hour or so with Steve (partner). He loves to walk. I think its common with dementia and often results in wandering. I try to structure in a least one hour's walk a day for him with the help of my kids and Bob the gardener (who I pay to go for walks with him). Its only recently that my leg has mended enough to do walks myself. Its good to get out...

I had an interesting day. I went for the intake for the pain recovery centre.

I turn out to be a rare case, I do NOT have chronic pain syndrome. I have chronic acute pain caused by Periferal Spondyloatritis which is something only 1% of people with chronic pain have (the chronic acute pain is very rare, not the spondyloatritis). This means that my pain is the same as when you fall and hurt yourself, or anything else that happens right now.
Apparently the Spondyloartritis causes my joints to be inflamed, which causes continuing pain signals to happen.
Chronic pain syndrome is also real, but is caused by the brain interpreting normal stimuli as pain due to prolonged stress/or illness but has no current cause.

In my case, the pain signal is still working as normal because it has cause to go off even though it's been going off for about two years already. Which places me in the rare category of people who have chronic pain that can only be treated with pain medicine and ergo therapy. I am getting ergo therapy to learn to balance my life around the pain as much as possible, taking in account that due to the joint damage it might never go away completely.

Anybody see where the My Pillow Guy, Mike Lindell, is supposedly considering holding a telethon to pay legal fees? Nothing like being a Trump supporter is there?

Anybody see where the My Pillow Guy, Mike Lindell, is supposedly considering holding a telethon to pay legal fees? Nothing like being a Trump supporter is there?

My Pillow Mike and "America's Mayor" Rudy went from riches to rags for Trump, and now that they are broke, Trump doesn't know them. How sad. What idiots. Sadder yet is that millions of Americans still think that Trump cares about them.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom