The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another follow-up for my hand yesterday. My fingers are still very stiff and my range of motion is quite limited. Still not allowed to drive or ride my bike.

The hand therapist gave me bit of a lecture about needing to be more aggressive with my stretches, then to demonstrate, grabbed my fingers and forced them way father than I’d been doing - it was so painful I was nearly in tears. It hurt way, way worse than when I actually broke the bone. She gave me a whole bunch of stretches, but when the heck am I supposed to go them? I don’t have 20 minutes every hour in the office to sit around and do stretches.

It put me in a really foul mood, but I made an appointment with my regular physio on Monday- hopefully she can help me out and at the very least do it less painfully.

She gave me a whole bunch of stretches, but when the heck am I supposed to go them? I don’t have 20 minutes every hour in the office to sit around and do stretches.
Sorry you’re having such a bad time with all this, and I’ve said exactly the same thing to my doctor before about stretches.

I’m supposed to stretch my feet, stretch my shoulder, stretch my fingers, and stretch my neck, and if I did all that as frequently as I’m supposed to, it’d be something like four hours a day - who has time for that?!?!

Sorry you’re having such a bad time with all this, and I’ve said exactly the same thing to my doctor before about stretches.

I’m supposed to stretch my feet, stretch my shoulder, stretch my fingers, and stretch my neck, and if I did all that as frequently as I’m supposed to, it’d be something like four hours a day - who has time for that?!?!

I had my first lower back PT session Friday. It went well. No pain, and I felt pretty good afterwards. I was given some exercises to do at home, between sessions, which are twice a week for six weeks. I went to Academy Sports after my appointment to buy one of those giant balls (27-inch) to use. Psycho-poodle would have loved it. He loved playing with any size ball, and this one is bigger than he was.

CD

I finally convinced DH that we should go to Phoenix to watch the Phillies v Diamondbacks next week.
Here's the rub: when we looked at first trying to even get tickets for the game, NOPE!
Over $300 each per game, in the upper deck-right outfield; then add in all of the incidentals, like a hotel room, food & drink, NOPE!
We'll watch the games from the comfort of our own home with and snacks & drinks we like.
DH has already requested Hoagies again :laugh:
We can do that.

I finally convinced DH that we should go to Phoenix to watch the Phillies v Diamondbacks next week.
Here's the rub: when we looked at first trying to even get tickets for the game, NOPE!
Over $300 each per game, in the upper deck-right outfield; then add in all of the incidentals, like a hotel room, food & drink, NOPE!
We'll watch the games from the comfort of our own home with and snacks & drinks we like.
DH has already requested Hoagies again :laugh:
We can do that.

I live in Dallas, and I'm not even going to TRY to get ALCS tickets.

If I had planned ahead, I could have arranged media/press passes through one of the magazines I've done work for. :facepalm:

CD

We took the 'can you sneak up on it and surprise it' route into Tokyo...

20231014_185555.jpg

20231015_073652.jpg

20231015_095436.jpg

My dad suffered from that, after 30 years of painting and decorating, climbing up ladders and working on roofs in November, etc., etc. He just couldn't bear to move when the "attacks" came on.
I commiserate with you; it must be awful.:cheers::cheers:
Thanks it can be quite debilitating, but I'm happy to report it's under control with medication right now. Just 🤞that it keeps working because there are no alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom