The General Chat Thread (2024)

On its surface, that just too twee for me…until I realized that someone has given poor Winnie a craniotomy, stuffed him with stew or whatever, and is using his skull as a cooking-serving vessel - “Who’s the hunny pot now, Winnie?! You’re the hunny pot! Mwahahaha!” 😈
It reminded me of the scene from Indiana Jones where they eat monkey brains :D

I'm pretty sure my grandmother would have been child free born in a different era.
She did pretty well making an Irish born catholic use contraception because she didn't want "hundreds of children" and according to my mum she didn't want the ones she had either!
Odd because my own mother also wasn't cut out for motherhood and was extremely hands off, it didn't come naturally to her and she wasn't interested in trying but she was the one who insisted on having children, it was my dad that felt obliged! 😆

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

CD

Some folk may remember I was doing a Star Wars themed family lunch last Sunday that nearly didn’t happen due to predicted storms but then late in the morning plans changed and it went ahead.
I started to feel rather unwell before cooking even began so didn’t take any of the snaps I planned to share here, getting the food on the table was hard work!
I did take one pic of the table when I was testing if the starter plates fitted well on the table so here you go!

IMG_1884.jpeg

I’m being waited on by my fave server at my regular lunch spot after going to the international market. She’s a peach!

She calls me “My Stylish Man,” which I eat right up with a spoon, of course, because she always comments on my clothes, and being in her early 20’s, she usually says something kind of awkwardly complimentary that makes me laugh.

Had dinner with my cousin and his wife. We usually visit them when we are in ozzy. Great catch up but bad news.
They are normally positive people.
My cousin has had prostate removed. Him and his brothers all have it at different stages. He spent s few months in adult nappies. And his wife diagnosed with a rare blood cancer. Long term not good but they are positive.
I need to get mine checked.
I recommend guys over 60 get theirs done as well.on a brighten note was a great night

Russ

Had dinner with my cousin and his wife. We usually visit them when we are in ozzy. Great catch up but bad news.
They are normally positive people.
My cousin has had prostate removed. Him and his brothers all have it at different stages. He spent s few months in adult nappies. And his wife diagnosed with a rare blood cancer. Long term not good but they are positive.
I need to get mine checked.
I recommend guys over 60 get theirs done as well.on a brighten note was a great night

Russ

My best friend had prostate cancer, and had his removed. Recovery was long and slow, but he's doing well now, and has been cancer free for at least five years(?).

Sorry to hear about his wife.

CD

I am sometimes left wondering which one of us will end up in the loony bin first.

After a visit to the garage fridge, I was left looking at the 2 lawnmower batteries.

me: dare i ask why the lawnmower batteries are in the fridge?
OH: they complained they had overheated, so I was giving them 10 minutes to cool down.
Me: :o_o:

Apparently he's done this before and it clears the error message from the recharger if he puts them into the fridge for 10 minutes and then recharges them.

I am sometimes left wondering which one of us will end up in the loony bin first.

After a visit to the garage fridge, I was left looking at the 2 lawnmower batteries.

me: dare i ask why the lawnmower batteries are in the fridge?
OH: they complained they had overheated, so I was giving them 10 minutes to cool down.
Me: :o_o:

Apparently he's done this before and it clears the error message from the recharger if he puts them into the fridge for 10 minutes and then recharges them.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution to a problem, to me. :okay:

My cordless electric mower (Toro eCycler) has a lead acid batter, like a car battery. I got about ten years out of the first one. The replacement battery (actually three batteries linked together for 36V) cost $300. :eek: But, if it is good for another ten years, I'm okay with it. Plus the materials in the old batteries are recyclable.

CD

Another one to remind the gentlemen here of a certain to get their PSA levels checked and followed up on if necessary…that’s what the majority of my doc appointments have been about over the last three years or so.

Well whilst I said I'd stay out of anything related to health and medical it still seems fitting to add - check your dinglydanglies for lumps too.

One of the guys at the rugby club was brave enough to say to the others in the changing room "Is this normal?" they gave it a prod and answered NO and 5 years later he's alive to tell the tale. Don't delay check 'em today!

Well whilst I said I'd stay out of anything related to health and medical it still seems fitting to add - check your dinglydanglies for lumps too.

One of the guys at the rugby club was brave enough to say to the others in the changing room "Is this normal?" they gave it a prod and answered NO and 5 years later he's alive to tell the tale. Don't delay check 'em today!

I have "first hand" experience with that. One of my "boys" got cancer, and had to go. Yes, it is okay to handle the jewels in the shower. You will know if something is wrong -- testicular cancer tumors double in size every two weeks. Caught early, the cure rate is very high. 'w'it to long (Like dummass Lance Armstrong did), and it spreads to the lungs and brain (not that he had much of a brain before the cancer).

CD

Back
Top Bottom