The General Chat Thread (2024)

Now, were you this person, it would be more like:

“OMG!!!!! You HAVE to go buy this smoker I just bought!!!!”

20 minutes later: “Did you order it yet?!?!?!?! It’s at Amazon RIGHT NOW for $400!!!!! And FREE SHIPPING!!!!”

No, it would be "OMG, you have to make this Texas chili. It's real chili. Seriously, you HAVE TO try it!"

20 minutes later: "Put the spaghetti and the kidney beans away, and make the Texas chili!!! I know where you live." 😎

CD

20 minutes later: "Put the spaghetti and the kidney beans away, and make the Texas chili!!! I know where you live."
I had to laugh yesterday because I was reminded of you - I was at Kroger and because it’s (NFL football) playoffs, they had a big chili* display up front - they’d rolled up a fridge case with ground beef in it, sour cream, shredded cheese, and one of those big cardboard things with different cubbyholes in it, stuffed with chili seasoning packets, Fritos, saltine crackers, and…can after can of kidney beans.

*meaning regular ground beef chili, not Cincy-style chili

Respite here at 13 deg c

BP mine is always bang on . I take 1 pl a day as it's a bit high. Done manually by the nurse after seeing my doc. She records bp and takes blood if required. She has her own room.

Russ
Yeah, so far today the threatened 36°C hasn't materialised and I don't think it will which is really annoying because I was relying on it to dry a piece of knitting I'm doing so I can finish it. Instead it has only made it to 25°C and that latest about a minute., maybe 3 minutes. It's back at 24°C now and has clouded over in stormy looking grey clouds which is completely at odds with the usually accurate weather forecast.

I've ended up getting the chooks' hair dryer* out to try to dry my knitting!

* Chickens are not waterproof and if you need to wash them you also have to dry them as well... plus sometimes they get very dirty backsides that attract flies (flystrike is usually fatal), or they get lice or mites, and you have to wash them with dog flea shampoo to treat, and then dry them off afterwards unless it is a very hot day and you know they'll dry out before roost, which my birds typically don't because they have a massive number of feathers being snow hardy)

Yeah, so far today the threatened 36°C hasn't materialised and I don't think it will which is really annoying because I was relying on it to dry a piece of knitting I'm doing so I can finish it. Instead it has only made it to 25°C and that latest about a minute., maybe 3 minutes. It's back at 24°C now and has clouded over in stormy looking grey clouds which is completely at odds with the usually accurate weather forecast.

I've ended up getting the chooks' hair dryer* out to try to dry my knitting!

* Chickens are not waterproof and if you need to wash them you also have to dry them as well... plus sometimes they get very dirty backsides that attract flies (flystrike is usually fatal), or they get lice or mites, and you have to wash them with dog flea shampoo to treat, and then dry them off afterwards unless it is a very hot day and you know they'll dry out before roost, which my birds typically don't because they have a massive number of feathers being snow hardy)

Around 20 now

Russ

caseydog it seems that 80 series landcruisers are well known for putting up all sorts of totally random warning lights on the dashboard when the alternator fails. I did a whole load of tests ruling out blocked oil filters or air filters, engine oil levels, and so on, and ended up driving her down to the garage this morning with no less than 4 warning lights on the dash. I missed 1 previously because I expected the big red letters called BRAKE to be on, but it didn't go off when the handbrake was released.... so 3 warning lights were lying to me, and only the 4th was correct! :rolleyes:

Garage have confirmed my suspicion that the only genuine warning light was the battery discharging light...

Vehicle is off the road until Monday at least because tomorrow is Australia day and a holiday (plus my garage don't work Fridays anyway, it's a rural garage)... hopefully the new alternator will arrive on Monday if I'm lucky and she might be back on the road early next week. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom