The General Chat Thread (2024)

Brief update on the local storm.

Apparently the country region 300-400 km east of me was more severely hit by a Supercell (mesocyclone), with crops (soy, chard etc), fruit trees(apples), cars, facades, roofs destroyed by hail and partly flooding. My heart goes out to those hit.

Some of the news photos shown were fascinating, some farmers had hail-nets mounted, and hail got caught in the center of the net, so one saw some, don't know, 7 to 10 kg of hail gathered at a single spot...I do hope the nets prevented at least those crops from being destroyed.

However, it seems not to have been as strong or as long as last summer's storm. As I gather.

Public transport works fine in my city, streets are not messy like after last summer's storm, people are going about their business.

Electricity returned to my boyfriend's house, and the surrounding village about 11 am, some 13 hours since the tree collapsed. Most of the food is ok, not wasted. So that's good.

Today's forecast for my city is peaceful, 24c, sunny/cloudy. The storm seems to move south. The last I read was :our southern most coastal strip had been green, turned orange. We were in the red, along with the eastern region last night.

My condolences. May he find eternal peace as well as his loved ones consolation.
I dare not ask who Steve was...but if you feel like you want to share, I will listen. Forgive me if I missed a post or forgot a detail.
Thank you.

We're still finding it hard to get our head around. I can't imagine what his wife and 2 girls (both in their early twenties, 1 with learning issues) are going through though.

I finished un-packing our two suitcases and found this ...

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

WTH?!

It looks like somehow the "brand logo" was cut out of this smaller case.
When I picked it up once I'd emptied out the clothes, there was something rattling around.
I un-zipped the suitcases' liner and found said emblem ... DH said, "Nah, it wasn't cut out, I think our shuttle van driver accidently smashed it out with someone else's suitcase/bag."

Oh well, we got our monies worth out of that case. We'll just go looking for a new one.

Oh well, we got our monies worth out of that case. We'll just go looking for a new one.
That’s a shame on that luggage.

I’ll tell you, MrsT loves her Solgaard luggage, especially the packing system they have:

Solgaard Luggage

She travels, on average, six times a year, so she puts a fair amount of mileage on it, and it’s been holding up very well.

Apologies for not being here for a while. Got distracted but am back. Will check to see if i have old couscous recipes as i cannot currently eat the item without much pain. My dental appointment won't happen for a couple of months. Small little pebbles of particles lodge in one of my molars and this also means no rice, no farro, and no breaded foods. Probably no corn on the cob, either.

I finished un-packing our two suitcases and found this ...

View attachment 115602
View attachment 115603

WTH?!

It looks like somehow the "brand logo" was cut out of this smaller case.
When I picked it up once I'd emptied out the clothes, there was something rattling around.
I un-zipped the suitcases' liner and found said emblem ... DH said, "Nah, it wasn't cut out, I think our shuttle van driver accidently smashed it out with someone else's suitcase/bag."

So sorry kgrl.

Reminded me of this commercial.

So his birthday prezzie request was a DVD player and he’s thrilled with his box sets, what he doesn’t know at this point is the DVD’s and the Johnnie Walker Double Black is going to be followed by a PlayStation 5 (he wants one but in his world it’s way too much and he would never ask, fortunately his little bro spilt the beans) plus there’s more fish for dinner than you can shake a stick at 👏👏👏
IMG_3413.jpeg

Is that good or bad?
Since it’s a happy face, but crying at the same time, I’m going to assume she’s past that point of rationality that prolonged lack of sleep brings and is bouncing around the room talking to herself and laughing hysterically.

Trust me, I know the feeling! 😂

Back
Top Bottom