The General Chat Thread (2024)

The 3 macarons are for my Mom, while she waits for Dad and me to return from the hospital. Op done. Small take. But grateful it went ok.

Dad is home, and next is on my agenda going to make an app to take the med threads out, in about an hour or so with his GP.
20240711_073913.jpg

That resembles my winter temperatures :)
Except it being a bit colder at night here

We're hotter than that. It's overcast with rain clouds and dust from the Sahara, and it was 85 F already over an hour ago, before 9 a.m. We hit high mid 90s yesterday, 96 I think, yesterday afternoon, real temp, not feels like which was well over 100 F. We've had heat warnings for the past 2 weeks at least. We're supposed to get a bit of relief because of a tropical depression off the central to North East coast of Florida.

We're hotter than that. It's overcast with rain clouds and dust from the Sahara, and it was 85 F already over an hour ago, before 9 a.m. We hit high mid 90s yesterday, 96 I think, yesterday afternoon, real temp, not feels like which was well over 100 F. We've had heat warnings for the past 2 weeks at least. We're supposed to get a bit of relief because of a tropical depression off the central to North East coast of Florida.
That pic was at 2:45pm, it went up after that.

Interesting phone call at work yesterday, the cleaning company we use have decided to 'let us go' so they will no longer be our provider after the end of September....saves us the aggro of getting rid of them, they have been really shocking lately. Our cleaner is a nice person but a really bad cleaner!

I have been AWOL for a while. Busy with George and his Doctor appointments, scans, epidurals on and on. Between his back and his hip, he can barely manage to walk with a tripod walker. The next step will probably be back surgery to remove disc and open the spinal nerve passage. Then we have to deal with his hip. I need to get him fixed so I can take care of my hip. Right now, he cannot take care of me if I have hip replacement.
I am too young to be this old.
I am having periodontal surgery Wednesday. I will be on a soft food diet for two weeks. I have peeled, cubed and frozen an assortment of fruit for smoothies. I have Greek yogurt and need another jar of peanut butter. I am making and freezing creamed/pureed soups. I am also making casseroles for George and freezing in single servings.
He can manage to cook simple proteins. I am cooking and freezing veggies.
This morning, I peeled a lot of apples for apple sauce. George said "That sounds good. I love your applesauce." He got "the look". I told him he can have one small bowl the rest is for my soft food diet. If I let him, he would scarf it all down in no time. He never liked applesauce until he had it homemade.
Anyway - that is what is going on.
Miss you all.

I have been AWOL for a while. Busy with George and his Doctor appointments, scans, epidurals on and on. Between his back and his hip, he can barely manage to walk with a tripod walker. The next step will probably be back surgery to remove disc and open the spinal nerve passage. Then we have to deal with his hip. I need to get him fixed so I can take care of my hip. Right now, he cannot take care of me if I have hip replacement.
I am too young to be this old.
I am having periodontal surgery Wednesday. I will be on a soft food diet for two weeks. I have peeled, cubed and frozen an assortment of fruit for smoothies. I have Greek yogurt and need another jar of peanut butter. I am making and freezing creamed/pureed soups. I am also making casseroles for George and freezing in single servings.
He can manage to cook simple proteins. I am cooking and freezing veggies.
This morning, I peeled a lot of apples for apple sauce. George said "That sounds good. I love your applesauce." He got "the look". I told him he can have one small bowl the rest is for my soft food diet. If I let him, he would scarf it all down in no time. He never liked applesauce until he had it homemade.
Anyway - that is what is going on.
Miss you all.
We miss you too! Best wishes for you both.

Congratulations to both football teams England and Spain, and especially Spain for winning the Euro 2024.
I tuned in into the last 15 min of the game. Well played!

Also followed the tennis Wimbledon men's singles results now and then, and applause to both Djokovic and Alcaraz, and great win for Alcaraz, congrats!

Best wishes for recovery to HRH Princess of Wales, glad she was able to award the prizes.

People! I have a volunteer job in the field I used to work in ( social media management!). I've been made admin of a feminist organisation based in the UK. Hurray 😊 first time I've been able and wanted for work in 6 years.
Awesome! Congrats and a big hug to you, I know you’ll do well. Let us know how it goes for you! :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom