The General Chat Thread (2024)

We started the day at around 73F. Then it went up to 92F. Now it's 90F and thunderstorms expected.
Weather forecasts are like lottery tickets - once in a lifetime, you might win!

It’s nasty outside. Temperature is still going up. Ugh

IMG_2801.jpeg

Yep, we are grappling with the heat too. It was 34c, 35c yesterday. And my boyfriend's car broke down 3 times, during a 30 km ride.

The other drivers were honking, he wrote, like crazy. Everybody is nervous, plus the heat.

It must be most difficult for heart and blood pressure patients...and senior citizens. Unless they stay in an AC room.

Ongoing saga of our cleaning company. The rep called on Monday to explain they want to focus on companies with multiple sites and that she would tell our cleaner that day. Spoke to the production manager today, he seems to think she doesn't know as she hasn't said anything, she hasn't said anything to me either...bit naughty really as she should have been the 1st to be told. Our accounts manager is coming in earlier tomorrow to speak to her. That could ne an awkward conversation.

Official numbers are in here - we had almost 100 mm of rain yesterday. That’s our third 100-year storm in 11 years!

Subway stations flooded, trains couldn’t run, roads flooded, highways shut down…glad I decided to work from home yesterday! Apparently the commute was total chaos.

My backyard did flood, but thankfully I don’t have a basement for water to leak into.

Stitches on my Dad healing well. A bit of skin irritation from the adhesive tape. No big deal.

Bloodwork generally ok.

Tomorrow morning lab part 2 with my Dad.

Friday stitches check up Gp, bloodwork analysis results, medication dosage review.

Monday, stitches are to be taken out.

Back
Top Bottom