The General Chat Thread (2024)

In Australia, we have dedicated snake catchers... but given how rural we are and the fact that it is a pet snake, you'd just look for it yourself
From what I've read ( and seen on TV) Australia, over 15 of the deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia. Pretty scary!!

From what I've read ( and seen on TV) Australia, over 15 of the deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia. Pretty scary!!
I watched an entertaining comedy skit long ago about travelling round the world and all the things in different countries that people will tell you are going to kill you if you go there, the punchline was of all of the many many countries she visited all of it was a ridiculous exaggeration, until you get to Australia.. Australia really is trying to kill you 😂

Australia really is trying to kill you
I don't doubt it

Within the first 15 month here, I'd contracted cellulitis and gone septic (8 days in hospital and 2 surgeries), and picked up double pneumonia (6 days on a respirator, 12 days in ICU, 2 months in hospital, 6 months of physio visiting me at home.)

I can't blame my neck on Australia, but the cellulitis was contacted from a minor cut on my finger when a storm came through and is needing to stop the chook house from flooding, along with the garage and a few other bits.

Steve's body was finally found in Thursday. :(
But at least our friends can now grieve properly. It was the day before his eldest's birthday.
Please don't feel bad about this everyone.

I'm glad his body has been found. He does nearly 5 weeks ago and is been a living hell for our friends since without a body to bury and grieve over even though they knew he was dead.
Though I do feel for the canoeist who found his body, 5 weeks at sea in the summer... yuck

I don't doubt it

Within the first 15 month here, I'd contracted cellulitis and gone septic (8 days in hospital and 2 surgeries), and picked up double pneumonia (6 days on a respirator, 12 days in ICU, 2 months in hospital, 6 months of physio visiting me at home.)

I can't blame my neck on Australia, but the cellulitis was contacted from a minor cut on my finger when a storm came through and is needing to stop the chook house from flooding, along with the garage and a few other bits.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that!

First night on the new ‘Emma’ mattress - I’m undecided. It was excellent from the POV there was zero motion transfer, I didn’t feel Mr SSOAP thrashing about or getting up which was great.
It’s firmer than the very, very soft mattress it’s replaced (this ones rated a 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale) and I woke to change position 4/5 times due to this.

But I didn’t wake up with any hip pain and as it takes a minute or two to adjust to a new mattress I have a good feeling about it.

Mr SSOAP found it much better, he woke without any backache for the first time in a long time 👍

It has a 200 day money back guarantee and so I’m happy to so far, we’ll see!

He does nearly 5 weeks ago and is been a living hell for our friends since without a body to bury
I am sorry for their heavy loss.
As you say, having a body now, is somewhat a relief. I realize that.

It has been a torment for many soldier/volunteer/civilians relatives here locally after the 1991-95 war, to this day some of them have not got the bodies back. But I would not want to go into that topic.

🙏may they all rest in peace.

Whoa! It's been a blast y'all ! ❤️
Screenshot_20240728_063217_Samsung Internet.jpg

Darn, is it cold today. Not actually made it up to 5°C. We had planned to go out but hubby was out this morning digging a hole to put the bokashi (compost) into and was having problems with his hands, so going for a walk this afternoon was not an option. So we stayed in.

It's now 5pm and under 2°C already. Snow if forecast and I'm so glad I don't have to go out tomorrow. Australia doesn't grit or salt roads and it's already chaos out there in the roads.

Back
Top Bottom