The General Chat Thread (2024)

Oh dear, not like in the UK then where theres an initial flare of temper, a crescendo and then everyone calms down?
No. This time, people are really, really pi***d off. 25 years of empty promises and 25 years of bare-faced sacking of the country (for their own benefit), destruction of institutions and horrific repression. Yesterday there were videos of hundreds, and hundreds of people walking down from the slums. That means it's not only the supposed middle/upper classes who are protesting (as the government would have us think), it means it's the people they're supposed to be supporting.
There's going to be a lot of bloodshed here in the next few days.

No. This time, people are really, really pi***d off. 25 years of empty promises and 25 years of bare-faced sacking of the country (for their own benefit), destruction of institutions and horrific repression. Yesterday there were videos of hundreds, and hundreds of people walking down from the slums. That means it's not only the supposed middle/upper classes who are protesting (as the government would have us think), it means it's the people they're supposed to be supporting.
Stay safe!

I really feel for them. Corruption is such a killer, literally.
Apparently many countries laugh at the UK’s corruption as somewhat pedestrian, like here they haven’t properly got the hang of plundering the countries wealth. I think they have, they just do it quietly by giving pointless contracts for millions to their friends who can’t actually deliver the goods.
Then I read about places like Venezuela and think perhaps they have a point 😞

Anyway whilst politics is a forbidden topic on here I best steer back and say what everyone else is saying - please take care and be safe.
And keep us updated.

Hmm when discussing Brexits effects on food recently a minor non-inflammatory diversionary conversion occurred and this was posted in response-

From the first rule of the forum:

Please do not post anything inappropriate in this setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualised or illicit content, hateful, threatening, racist, political, provocative or vulgar content, and links to websites and discussions encouraging illegal activity. Please do not circumvent the censoring options we have set up.
I took this to mean politics was off limits.
I guess that's not the case?

Back
Top Bottom