The General Chat Thread (2024)

I've been away for a couple of days and on the good news side:
Medical check up was fine, not better, not worse (slight heart issue)
On the bad news side:
The garage had a total different anouncement anout my car.
I need to start looking for another one :cry:
Well rather the car than you. Will you get a second hand car?

MrsT’s car is 18 years old, and I keep telling her it’s going to strand her somewhere one of these days soon, but she’s tightfisted with the money and won’t buy a new one until that one absolutely dies.

My wifes car is a v8 daily driver . I bought it for her in 2004 it is a 2002 ford falcon au series III.
We are buying her a brand new one in sept her 65th birthday and she goes on retirement fund from government but shes staying worked so she will be double dipping on the money side.
We are putting her car in storage , in 10 years ot will be worth a lot of money.
It's a rare car now.
Our son's trying to get it atm. I'm resisting.

Russ

TastyReuben on another note I was watching zimmern on tv and he was at a market ( huge man ) in Ohio and the gyros from Steve's gyros looked amazing.
Have you been???
I immediate thought of you.

Russ
That’s actually closer to JAS_OH1 than me…I’m at the opposite end of the state, about three hours away, but I do know of the place. It’s in the West Side Market in Cleveland.

Our son's trying to get it atm. I'm resisting.
In our family, cars get traded around, trickling down from our parents to us kids and to our kids and left and right, too. Anyone selling a car in our family has to run it through the family first to see if anyone wants it.

MrsT’s car is a 2006 Honda Civic. My brothers all know we take care of our cars, with regular maintenance and all that, so I’ve got two brothers fighting over it and constantly hounding me about “When er ya sellin’ that ol’ thang, anyways?”

Half the cars people in my family drive…they came from someone else in the family. I had a Saturn S Series, basic transportation, 2002, I went to sell it in 2011 to get my 500, and my oldest brother stepped in and bought it, then he drove it for a couple of years before selling it to his ex-wife, then she eventually gave it to their son, and when he got married, he sold it to his uncle, another brother of mine.

I’m the only one in the family who buys new cars, so everyone keeps an eye on what we have and when we’re trading up.

In our family, cars get traded around, trickling down from our parents to us kids and to our kids and left and right, too. Anyone selling a car in our family has to run it through the family first to see if anyone wants it.

MrsT’s car is a 2006 Honda Civic. My brothers all know we take care of our cars, with regular maintenance and all that, so I’ve got two brothers fighting over it and constantly hounding me about “When er ya sellin’ that ol’ thang, anyways?”

Half the cars people in my family drive…they came from someone else in the family. I had a Saturn S Series, basic transportation, 2002, I went to sell it in 2011 to get my 500, and my oldest brother stepped in and bought it, then he drove it for a couple of years before selling it to his ex-wife, then she eventually gave it to their son, and when he got married, he sold it to his uncle, another brother of mine.

I’m the only one in the family who buys new cars, so everyone keeps an eye on what we have and when we’re trading up.

My kids all have modern cars. Son has a brand new Subaru hybrid and his wife drives a brand new ( 3 weeks) halal 4x4)
He knows wifes car is rare and worth a lot later. I too see value at parking her up
We all drive good vehicles.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom