The General Chat Thread (2024)

I’m sorry that’s how it worked out, but I gave you a like for your positive attitude.
Yeah life isn't always fair, I've learned to live with my condition and an ER visit is certainly worse than not going.

I got some beautiful things, and I am making my husband have a good time without me so I am happy enough.
20240802_185126.jpg

I got this beautiful gilded phoenix, it matches my dress and I too have risen from the ashes
20240802_185155.jpg
And this handmade Medieval bag with a Fenrir ( Wolf God) motive

Yeah life isn't always fair, I've learned to live with my condition and an ER visit is certainly worse than not going.

I got some beautiful things, and I am making my husband have a good time without me so I am happy enough.
View attachment 116853
I got this beautiful gilded phoenix, it matches my dress and I too have risen from the ashes
View attachment 116854And this handmade Medieval bag with a Fenrir ( Wolf God) motive

Both are very lovely. I particularly like the clasp on the bag.

I decided to wash my oldest Jack Russell today. He's wiry haired.
No problem washing him, but now he is dirtier than ever as he decided to roll around in any form of sand or mud he could find :banghead:
Anyway, here's to hoping I can shake of /brush / whatever once he's fully dry
🐶
We learned that the first time we bathed our Kate.

That dog loved the wet and the mud. Reveled in it. The yard was a sloppy mud pit after a recent rain, and she’d been out chasing a couple of cars back and forth along the property line, and she was completely mud-drenched, through and through. It was dripping off every part of her, and being a setter, she had a lot of that wispy, curly hair hanging from the length of her tail and her entire underside and neck.

Caught her, rinsed her as best I could with the outside hose, and marched her into the tub for a proper wash, and shampooing a dog is something I generally don’t advocate, but she was filthy.

Into the tub, her fighting the whole way, soaped up and rinsed head to tail, and I had MrsT open the bathroom door, to let her out.

We’d anticipated that she’d try and dry off by nose-diving on the carpet, so we’d laid out some old sheets and towels on the living room floor, and sure enough…

MrsT opened that door, I let her go, and she was out like a bucking bronco at the rodeo, skittering across the vinyl flooring in the bathroom, slamming into the toilet…the opposite wall…the vanity, pinballing right out into the hallway.

Sure enough, as soon as she cleared the narrow hall, she pounced head first onto the spot we’d made for her.

We felt like the smartest dog owners ever, having so much forethought…until, without even breaking her stride, in one long, continuous motion, she rolled from her shoulder, onto her back, gave a little wiggle, onto her side and up on her feet…and galloped right across the floor to the still-open dog flap, out the door, across the garage, and right back outside into the mud, where she positively yipped with delight while she found 17 different ways to get every millimeter of her body covered in goop again…and dontcha know she was a fast learner and was on her guard about getting caught for another bath!

I decided to wash my oldest Jack Russell today. He's wiry haired.
No problem washing him, but now he is dirtier than ever as he decided to roll around in any form of sand or mud he could find :banghead:
Anyway, here's to hoping I can shake of /brush / whatever once he's fully dry
🐶
One of the pugs likes to roll after a bath. Fortunately, she prefers to roll on the towel I used to partially dry her more than anything else, so I just throw that on the patio and let her go. My little boy prefers to wait until he gets in the house so he can jump on the couch and roll, and root around so he pushes the pillows off. The couch is covered with towels all the time so I just let him.

We had a HUGE Alsatian (German shepherd) who would never let me water the plants (with the hosepipe) unless he was in the middle. Then he'd go and roll in the mud.
The vet said: "Don't wash him with soap; than damages the natural oils in his hair/skin"
We never did - just brushed/combed him every week. He never, ever smelled of "dog"

When I occasionally have to wash my chickens, I wash them with dog flea shampoo. They then get a blow dry unless it is a heatwave. It's the only reason I have a hair-dryer.

Mind you I'm still on the first bottle, bought 8 years ago. A little goes a very long way on a chicken.

Last edited:
Rant:
We're flying to the East Coast of the U.S. - Hurricane Debby is possibly going to be Debby Downer for us two ... fingers crossed :unsure:
Yeah, one of my brothers and my foster sister live in North Florida, along with a few of my nephews (from Tallahassee to MacClenny to Fernandina Beach) and they are all getting quite a bit of rain. My foster sister in Tallahassee (the capital of Florida) works for the power company so I really feel much better when there are big storms in the area since she always gets called into work and that building is solid and has been there through many, many storms--and her office is on the second floor. Her house is in a low lying area in a small town called Crawfordville that isn't far from the Gulf of Mexico, so I always worry about flooding for all my family and friends in Florida, even with small storms. This one is a rainmaker and is supposed to stall out and move slowly.

kaneohegirlinaz I have heard that there are flight delays because of this storm, may you reach your destination with no travel delays and hope your stay isn't impacted!

Back
Top Bottom