The General Chat Thread (2024)

Science evolves and changes over time as our understanding of systems gets better. The earth’s climate system is incredibly complex and there are so many different factors at play. Temperature records keep getting broken year after year, and records show that the planet is undeniably warming. There’s a good comic here from xkcd that illustrates it: Earth temperature timeline
On this note:
Hawaii's beaches are disappearing: The uncertain future of Oahu's iconic Waikiki

Climate change is causing Hawaii's beaches to disappear, forcing the state to rethink the future of iconic tourist destinations like Waikiki.

The office is flooded, doors are wide open, dehumidifiers are on their way...it is going to stink in here. Shopfloor isn't too bad this time.
Yikes! I knew it was raining there yesterday, but I didn’t know you were in danger of flooding!

There are far far graver themes than this, am aware, but I need to get it out.

Asking, or just positioning oneself in the queue wrongly, never was a doubt in this person's mind.🙄🤨

Yesterday at the Pharmacy...

Let's just leave it at that.

In a little while I'm going to pour myself a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, sit out in the patio and toast my wife. 43 years of marriage today!
She's over in London looking after Frescolita, but we had a long conversation this afternoon.
Cheers, my love! 😍 🥂🥂
Congrats 🥳

Well, that turned out a little different than planned. The humidity was over 70% today, and it was hot. That meant that within 2 hours, my undergarments at the Ren faire were soaked in sweat. Normally on a hot but not that humid day, it's like that after a whole day of being at the festival.
And because I sweated that much, I ran the risk of (severe) dehydration due to not having a colon and thus absorbing much less liquids than most people. So unfortunately, due to the weather being like this all coming weekend, I had to cancel going again on sunday in favor of being able to go to Germany next week.
It is what it is, I had fun for as long as it lasted and I'm looking forward to next week. My husband will stay at the faire for another 2 days, and I hope he has a great time!

Yikes! I knew it was raining there yesterday, but I didn’t know you were in danger of flooding!

It is a very old building, patched up many times. There is a pipe somewhere under the floor so the water comes up. Not the worst it has been but still not good.

So, we have this event happening this weekend, we won't be going. The venue is close enough that we may here it anyway :laugh:

Screenshot_20240802-184338_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom