The General Chat Thread (2024)

Wet and windy today outside. On seeing this my immediate thought was for the homeless - exposed to the elements. (I was street homeless - in my teens for 6 months.) I felt safe and cosy inside as I put on my central heating.
It’s on
Yay. Exam done. I've now got almost 2 weeks off... time to deal with the 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 go to knitting twice, and do some gardening and cooking.
And rest?
Don’t make me send the energy police around again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And rest?
Don’t make me send the energy police around again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Maybe. But the weather is nice at the moment, not too hot and makes from great gardening first thing. And there is so much in the garden to get done. I've not really weeded in 3 months for starters.... the veg plot needs a massive amount of TLC. Most of the old wooden frames for the wire mesh have given up this winter and it's only the black shade cloth that's stopped them falling down. So that's a must address. And it is hard to do nothing with 2 week old chicks who have discovered life outside, but can't be left alone because they're vulnerable and still need heat.

I am considering actually going back to bed when hubby goes to work in about 5 minutes. And just letting myself wake up whenever.

But if you saw the state of the house, especially the study, you'd understand why I need to sort life out and move out of the sitting room where my desk is now, and into the study in time for next trimester...

Does anyone else ever have conversations like this?

Screenshot_20241022_205837_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20241022_205900_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20241022_205927_Messenger.jpg

:o_o:

If I was still doing stand up, I'd have a lot of material around this ridiculous stipulation on affection i.e. did you know a New Zealand airport has a 3 minute time limit on hugging to say goodbye!!?? (You couldn't make it up!) What happens if you go over that limit? Do you get told to get a room and given a free condom!? 🤪
The time limit on airport hugs is everything wrong with modern life

Last edited:
What happens if you go over that limit? Do you get told to get a room and given a free condom!? 🤪
The time limit on airport hugs is everything wrong with modern life
That’d be awkward after you’re given one and you have to tell the official, “Thanks…but that’s me sister!”

That time limit wouldn’t bother me in the least, as dropping at departures here is like a competitive sport - you’ve got so many people trying to wedge their cars in and others trying to escape back out to the exit lane, the last thing you want to do is stand there hugging someone - it’s fling the doors open, get the luggage out, quick peck and away with you!

Back
Top Bottom