What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I got one and hardly ever use it....
Maybe I should get in the habit, but tupperware and ziploc bags are so much easier

Realized I needed:
Stirring spoons, the rest is self explanatory with ghe pics, I guess.

The mixing bowl has a lovely feature, a middle hole in the lid, to reduce splatter...

20240717_124945.jpg
20240718_085821.jpg
20240718_085807.jpg
20240718_085802.jpg

Another meat press for sandwich meat. I have two tins but could fit a third in my large stock pot and that would mean only one cook up for three kg’s of sandwich meat. IMO well worth the £18 to do that much in one hit.

Also lurking in my ‘saved for later basket’ is a set of nesting mixing bowls with lids.
I already own them and they're great but someone who shall remain nameless wasn’t listening when I said the lids can’t be dishwashered so now the one I use most is warped and has to be weighted down to seal properly. Drives me nuts!

Next is a collander. I've been using a pasta cooking insert for a large pot to strain things. A collander is useful and cheap and on the list.
No time wasted. I was at Walmart buying cat food the next day and picked this one up. I used it last night to strain the penne pasta.

collander.jpg

New food processor blade ordered.
Don’t really need one but Mr SSOAP fancies trying his hand at frappacinos and I don’t fancy my processor blade wrecked from blending ice!
So he can have the old one and I’ll keep the new one just for me!

IMG_2331.jpeg

Comes with a new spindle and dough blade, apparently this increases the drive power, can really see it needs anymore power, it’s frightening enough as it is but I’m not complaining!

Last edited:
I am thinking a counter-top ice maker. The one in our kitchen refrigerator/freezer (nearly 20 years old) is like a cantankerous old woman and only works when she wants to. She will just stop dropping ice and we reboot her several times and sometimes she will start back up and other times not. If we buy a bag of ice and pour it in the ice bin, more often than not she will start back up on her own when she feels like it. Tired of buying bags of ice, though.

Edited to add that more and more often I am possibly a cantankerous old woman...okay I really do have some work to do so I better quit lollygagging about, LOL

Back
Top Bottom