What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Nice little hand grinder for small jobs. I have a big electric one that is too big to bring up from the basement for a dinner recipe or a small batch of something. We have a lot of scrap from the shop we can use up. I want to make something this weekend. Pics to follow.
IMG_4792.jpeg

Nice little hand grinder for small jobs. I have a big electric one that is too big to bring up from the basement for a dinner recipe or a small batch of something. We have a lot of scrap from the shop we can use up. I want to make something this weekend. Pics to follow. View attachment 116596
Nice, looks good n solid.

Wavering over this, mostly due to the price and I’m not sure how good it’ll be.
Think I will eventually get it because I leave the sandwich meat bubbling away on the hob plate outside the back door but have to keep going out and checking the temp.

IMG_2348.jpeg

It takes about an hour for that so not long but the last 15-20 mind require a lot of checking because even if you remove the meat presses from the heat and put them in ice the the internal temp still climbs by at least another 10 degrees.

My Grandma and Mom used a very similar one, attached to a table top...nowadays, I think Mom buys preground meat mostly...
Remember as a kid, it was fascinating to watch the mechanical processes do their job...

Sounds perfectly useful for your purpose!
There are times that I wished I had one when I grind up beef and pork trim at work to use it there. Most of the time the scrap goes in the freezer until I have enough to make it worthwhile assembling and cleaning the large grinder. I'm looking forward to trying different recipes at home that uses small amounts. Going to start this weekend with Pakistani Beef Kofta Curry..

A reluctant purchase.

IMG_2362.jpeg

The hob plate I use outside is induction and although my new pans are induction friendly they are not large capacity like my old ones. My cast iron is also too big for the hob plate leaving me with one enormous stock pot (4 US gallons) that does work but really I can only boil or stew in it.

So yer a reluctant spend but I’m hoping in the next few days when I’m stir frying veg and noodles to go with the pork belly without losing the will to live I’ll look at the pan and think it was worth it 🤷‍♀️🤞

A reluctant purchase.

View attachment 116781

The hob plate I use outside is induction and although my new pans are induction friendly they are not large capacity like my old ones. My cast iron is also too big for the hob plate leaving me with one enormous stock pot (4 US gallons) that does work but really I can only boil or stew in it.

So yer a reluctant spend but I’m hoping in the next few days when I’m stir frying veg and noodles to go with the pork belly without losing the will to live I’ll look at the pan and think it was worth it 🤷‍♀️🤞

I like the lid handle.

I like the lid handle.
Thanks. Me too.
5.2 litres so should be big enough for four and hoping the shape will mean it will still be good for two when the boys leave at the end of the summer 🤞

Now I need a decent sized roasting tin that fits in the outdoor oven but I can’t bear to look at anymore cookware descriptions/dimensions or spend anymore moola!

Blimey I ordered the casserole last night just after 8pm and I’ve just received a DPD text saying it will be delivered between 14.28 - 15.28 today.
The distribution centre must be nearby.

just bought a toaster oven from amazon will be here tuesday
just wanted something small to take the load off our main oven

Back
Top Bottom