What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

View attachment 117480

The result of window shopping on Amazon. It is made of aluminum with stainless steel wire. I thought it might be a nice upgrade from my currentl plastic one. It was only $10 so I threw it in with today's Amazon order which is mostly accessories for my string trimmer.
I have one of those in plastic.
Egg Slicer..jpg

I have one of those in plastic.
Egg Slicer..jpg
My plastic one has lasted for a long time, & it still works to this very day!! :whistling:

I have one of those in plastic.View attachment 117494

My plastic one has lasted for a long time, & it still works to this very day!! :whistling:
My plastic model is a longish affair with a slicer like yours at one end and one that cuts 6 wedges on the other. The metal parts have corroded badly over the years. It needed a replacement. I don't need wedges. I don't think there is anytning that will corrode on the new one but we will see.

I didn't plan it and I've gone n bloody bought it 😬

Indulge a moment spent justifying this totally unnecessary purchase because sometimes Mrs Frugal overtakes Mrs SSOAP and sometimes spending money can make me feel more than a little guilty 🤷‍♀️

I have absolutely loved the Ninja Woodfire BBQ and smoker. I've cooked on it outside everyday this summer.
The boys love it, Mr SSOAP loves it and if I loved it anymore it would be considered unhealthy 😆

The weather is changing, the air has cooled fractionally and in the next couple of weeks I'll be bringing it back inside for the winter because even though it says it's weather proof I like it too much to discover it (like every other outdoor item we've owned) is no match for our coastal weather.

But I really don't want to bring it in.
So when Ninja sent me a 💥SALE💥 email showing their outdoor pizza oven and smoker bundle reduced from £529 to £209 I thought well the oven stand (which I don't own) is £150 by itself so that's a bargain. Bargain enough to leave it outside and see how it fairs.

1724436377762.png

So yer a 370 degree (about 700 Fahrenheit) pizza oven is on its way!
Excited because I've always wanted a pizza oven, I just never felt I could justify the expense for the use it would get.

Have ordered a second pizza stone so they'll be a gluten free stone and a normies one and a second roasting tray because one tray is never enough.

Can't wait for pizza time!

And kippers. I miss kippers but they do stink the house out.
That's it, this oven will hence forth be known as Kipper!

Last edited:

Indulge a moment spent justifying this totally unnecessary purchase because sometimes Mrs Frugal overtakes Mrs SSOAP and sometimes spending money can make me feel more than a little guilty 🤷‍♀️

I have absolutely loved the Ninja Woodfire BBQ and smoker. I've cooked on it outside everyday this summer.
The boys love it, Mr SSOAP loves it and if I loved it anymore it would be considered unhealthy 😆

The weather is changing, the air has cooled fractionally and in the next couple of weeks I'll be bringing it back inside for the winter because even though it says it's weather proof I like it too much to discover it (like every other outdoor item we've owned) is no match for our coastal weather.

So when Ninja sent me a 💥SALE💥 email showing their outdoor pizza oven and smoker bundle reduced from £529 to £209 I thought well the oven stand (which I don't own) is £150 by itself so that's a bargain. Bargain enough to leave it outside and see how it fairs.

View attachment 117734

Excited because I've always wanted a pizza oven, I just never felt I could justify the expense for the use it would get.

Have ordered a second pizza stone so they'll be a gluten free stone and a normies one and a second roasting tray because one tray is never enough.

I've always wanted a pizza oven too. The Ooni is supposed to be one of the best but I'm sure yours will be good. I simply can't justify having one as I am only cooking for 2 and I am on a constant diet anyway...

Last edited:
Replacement stick blender which conked out as I was blitzing avocado for a challenge entry. I'll buy the same again. It was and is under £15 and powerful. In fact its the best stick blender I ever owned. I've had the current one for over 5 years so that is value for money in my book.
I never wanted one, and got one back in 2015 or so, only because MrsT had some loyalty points of her mom’s to use, and I don’t think I used it more than twice over the next couple of years.

Then I started making salad dressings from scratch, and that thing was a whizz at that (quite literally), and from there to salsa, mayonnaise, even small-batch Yorkshire puddings. Nowadays, I use it twice a week, at least, and usually more.

I never wanted one, and got one back in 2015 or so, only because MrsT had some loyalty points of her mom’s to use, and I don’t think I used it more than twice over the next couple of years.

Then I started making salad dressings from scratch, and that thing was a whizz at that (quite literally), and from there to salsa, mayonnaise, even small-batch Yorkshire puddings. Nowadays, I use it twice a week, at least, and usually more.
Yeah - mine gets a lot of use. I've yet to learn what a jug blender can do that a stick blender can't. Plus, its a simple rinse under the tap to clean it. And soups etc. can be blitzed in the pan rather than transferring to a blender and then back and then having the blender to wash up.

I've always wanted a pizza oven too. The Ooni is supposed to be one of the best but I'm sure yours will be good. I simply can't justify having one as I am only cooking for 2 and I am on a constant diet anyway...
I got an uuni 3. Bought 2nd hand years ago and worth every cent.
I changed from pellets to gas.
Stone is screaming hot in 10-15 minutes, pizza is done in 90 seconds..
It's worth it for a single person, so definitely for 2.
And why would it be unhealthy or fattening? After all, you decide on toppings and dough.

Reckon it would be just right for two peeps.

I think pizza is ok so long as you're not trying to eat a whole one? I dunno 🤷‍♀️ don't quote me on that I've not yet entered into dietworld, it's in the post but I'll ignore it as long as possible 😆

The ooni looks great but this baby is an outdoor oven so it has many oven functions like normal roast n dehydrate etc.

We'll see!

View attachment 117734

We are going to have to change the acronym, you know?

It used to be KIPPERS (Kids in Parents Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings). Now what? Parents Who Spend Kids Inheritance? PWKSI? That kinda sucks. Just ask the kids!

I recently replaced my Cuisinart Grind -N- Brew coffee maker. The old one was one of the originals I got when they first came out. Lasted a long time. The new one is more streamline and takes less room. So of course I bought some flavored coffee beans.
I also replaced my mini food processor (it gave up the ghost) and got a 3 cup Cuisinart.

I really like Cuisinart and OXO products.

I recently replaced my Cuisinart Grind -N- Brew coffee maker. The old one was one of the originals I got when they first came out. Lasted a long time. The new one is more streamline and takes less room. So of course I bought some flavored coffee beans.
I also replaced my mini food processor (it gave up the ghost) and got a 3 cup Cuisinart.

I really like Cuisinart and OXO products.
They now have a Cuisinart Grind -N- Brew Single serve coffee maker. Like a Krupps, BUT it grinds the whole beans into a reusable pod first. Fresh ground single serve!

Back
Top Bottom