What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

This is the one I ordered. The high end Hexclad wok is only 10". My puddled steel wok is about the same size as yours. Nothing that size that could find with hybrid technology. 12" will be fine for me since I only cook for two.

Last edited:
This is the one I ordered. The high end Hexclad wok is only 10". My puddled steel wok is about the same size as yours. Nothing that size that could find with hybrid technology. 12" will be fine for me since I only cook for two.
Most of the time I'm cooking for 2 but sometimes we have family over for dinner so a bigger one would be nice. Also I like leftovers for a quick lunch. That pan looks nice though

JAS_OH1 - do you happen to have a restaurant supply store in your area? You might find some baking sheets there that’ll work.

Most of the time I'm cooking for 2 but sometimes we have family over for dinner so a bigger one would be nice. Also I like leftovers for a quick lunch. That pan looks nice though
Your best bet may be to buy a commercial one at your local restaurant supply. It will need seasoning but you should be able to buy a big one. I can cook for about 6 people with a 12" wok or more if I were to cook in batches or use two woks. Think of a 12" saute pan with 3" sides. The 12" wok will hold more than that.

Your best bet may be to buy a commercial one at your local restaurant supply. It will need seasoning but you should be able to buy a big one. I can cook for about 6 people with a 12" wok or more if I were to cook in batches or use two woks. Think of a 12" saute pan with 3" sides. The 12" wok will hold more than that.
I was just looking online to see if I could find my wok and I must have been wrong about the size. I thought it was 14" but they don't have any listed, but I did find 13" so that must be it.
Calphalon Premier with MineralShield Nonstick 13" Flat Bottom Wok
1724877994354.png

I didn't measure it and I know it's slightly wider than my 12" pans, so...at any rate, 1" isn't that big of a difference so as long as it's deep, the 12" will probably work just fine. Also I had bought my Calphalon on a black Friday sale for $25 a long time ago. They are a significantly higher cost than that now so I won't be buying another one of those!

I was just looking online to see if I could find my wok and I must have been wrong about the size. I thought it was 14" but they don't have any listed, but I did find 13" so that must be it.
Calphalon Premier with MineralShield Nonstick 13" Flat Bottom Wok
View attachment 117950
I didn't measure it and I know it's slightly wider than my 12" pans, so...at any rate, 1" isn't that big of a difference so as long as it's deep, the 12" will probably work just fine. Also I had bought my Calphalon on a black Friday sale for $25 a long time ago. They are a significantly higher cost than that now so I won't be buying another one of those!
I had one of those years ago. I tore up the teflon pretty quickly. That is when I bought the Chinese steel wok. If nothing else, $40 is pretty good price for heavy hybrid wok. Affordable and high tech.

I had one of those years ago. I tore up the teflon pretty quickly. That is when I bought the Chinese steel wok. If nothing else, $40 is pretty good price for heavy hybrid wok. Affordable and high tech.
I've had mine for over 10 years, but maybe I'm not using it as much as you did yours? It's not worn out yet but I know it will be eventually.

I've had mine for over 10 years, but maybe I'm not using it as much as you did yours? It's not worn out yet but I know it will be eventually.
Mine was teflon coated. I think they stopped making teflon before you got yours. The new coatings are actually a bunch better than teflon was so no need to miss it. The new smoother granite stone is amazing. My omelette pan has been used at least once per day for the past year and it is just as non stick as day one. I got another one with the set I bought and I may never need it. The hybrid aren't as non stick but there is reason to believe the performance it has now will last for a long time.

Since I have well water that is high in iron and calcium, I stay away from kettles because it is hard to clean the calcium buildup . I just use a sauce pan that I can wash normally each time I use it to avoid any buildup. We drink filtered water but I could use filtered water for the kettle I suppose. That is just another set of issues.
We have a well also. I hate it when the whitish residue builds up around the refrigerator water dispenser. I've had good results cleaning with white vinegar. My kettle isn't even a year old so no issues yet there.

Back
Top Bottom