What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Wo
Just make sure you keep your spices in a dark cupboard. That will keep them fresher, longer.
WOuld love to, thanks, but unfortunately at present no such space is available.
They will be partially hidden behind a side of a cupboard...but not in it.
UNless I find a better solution...will reflect.

View attachment 118164View attachment 118165View attachment 118166View attachment 118167
Old v new above
I'm very happy with these pot holders
I don't think I need 12, so I will gift 4 to my Gal Pal who cooks (the others don't :D)
Update:
I threw four of the twelve new cotton terry cloth potholders I received into the washer and electric dryer ...

IMG_4424.JPG

Washed v unwashed ☝️

IMG_4425.JPG

Washed ones shrank a bit, but they are WAY more fluffy!!!
I love these!
At first I thought that it was a mistake to have ordered a dozen potholders and I was considering giving some away to my Neighborhood Gal Pals - NOPE! 😸

Yup, load up the basked with teabags (no filter), or loose tea (with a filter), and out comes nicely-brewed tea:

View attachment 118245

Bad lighting, but as you can see, it’s not weak at all (that’s from PG Tips bags).
Does the water get hot enough to make good tea?
Well, that would be my thought, badjak. Water should be rapidly boiling when it hits the tea leaves. In fact, if making in a teapot the pot should be warmed first so that heat isn't lost when the boiling water is poured in. The pot is then left to stand preferably with a tea cosy for a few minutes.

These things aren't ritual they are to release and develop the flavour of the tea.

Back
Top Bottom