What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

That deep fryer looks pretty darned nice! We used to have a "Fry Daddy" but I quit using it and got rid of it, it was much smaller than yours and not really practical for what I wanted to do.
I think it is pretty small actually. I wanted a small one since cooking oil is around $15 per gallon at the supermarket and I only fry for two of us. I also liked that it has a removable oil tank making it easier to change oil. I almost ordered a stovetop fry pot with lid and handles but I lost interest in it as I window shopped on Amazon. I think it may be a keeper. It was $45 on Amazon shipping included.

I made one more order to replace a unit that finally died after 30 years.

519ScZOzLHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How long do you store oil?
One of the things I dislike about deep frying is how much oil I throw away, to the extent true deep frying happens about once a year!

My thoughts exactly! Also, if it's kept too long at room temperature, it could start to spoil & go rancid!! I use the Presto Big Kettle (in lower pic) to deep fry things & the oil keeper to store the used oil in the fridge. The Big Kettle doesn't use too much oil, maybe less than a gallon of it. It will not spoil or go rancid. If I happen to need some of the oil, I'll use it until it's all gone. :ninja::stop:
Oil Keeper..jpg
Presto Big Kettle..jpg

Last edited:
I once had a big turkey fryer that looked something like this. It used too much oil & the oil ended up spoiling because I had it too long!! I only used the thing once. Sadly, even though I liked it, I had to give it away for the sad fact that it used too much oil!! So now, I don't do whole turkeys any way. I cook turkey parts, either in the oven, or I deep fry them. Less turkey to have to eat. :stop: :ninja:
Cajun-Injector-Electric-Turkey-Fryer-1024x730.jpg

Stick blenders are over 30 years old? Blimey, I have got old myself cos I still think of them as a relatively new invention 😂
The immersion blender was patented in 1950 in Switzerland but was designed for commercial use. Home models came later but I don't know when. We moved into our current house about 35 years ago and I'm pretty sure we hadn't lived here very long before we acquired it. The old one was plastic and small. I'm surprised it lasted that long. We didn't use it all that often. It died while I was making the onion soup for the challenge and I had to finish it in the big blender. The new unit from Kitchen Aid is larger, stainless steel and has a 4 point blade and a plastic boot to prevent scratching the cookware. I expect it to last for the duration. They have definitely improved over the years.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly! Also, if it's kept too long at room temperature, it could start to spoil & go rancid!! I use the Presto Big Kettle (in lower pic) to deep fry things & the oil keeper to store the used oil in the fridge. The Big Kettle doesn't use too much oil, maybe less than a gallon of it. It will not spoil or go rancid. If I happen to need some of the oil, I'll use it until it's all gone. :ninja::stop:View attachment 118857View attachment 118858
I like that. Practical and storable. I hadn't seen anything like it while I shopped on Amazon but I might have gone this way if I had.

Thanks. It's very practical, gets the Job Done & it does not use a whole Blob of oil. plus, it's your stove's helper during holiday cooking when all the burners are in use!! :whistling:

So the reluctant ice maker in our kitchen refrigerator/freezer quit working for 3 days in a row this past week, which she'd never done before (usually 1 day or 2 at the most). I ordered the countertop ice maker. The day after I received the email that it had shipped, the ice maker in the kitchen started working again, lol. New ice maker will arrive this week. Oh well!
Well our ice maker in the kitchen freezer (AKA "Nellie" as we named her) quit working again, so we plugged in the countertop ice maker early afternoon. That things works a treat! It dumps a small tray of ice every 8 minutes or so. I dump the basket every half hour or so into the kitchen freezer ice bin and it's full now, so I will unplug it and plug it back in tomorrow.

I went hunting for a food processor today. The one my wife bought me for Xmas last year - nope, it's too weak. I need something which will blitz things into oblivion, grate veggies into tiny strands and devour sweet potatoes like they were marshmallows.
I'm still looking...

Back
Top Bottom