What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I went hunting for a food processor today. The one my wife bought me for Xmas last year - nope, it's too weak. I need something which will blitz things into oblivion, grate veggies into tiny strands and devour sweet potatoes like they were marshmallows.
I'm still looking...
Mine is Magimix and I'm very happy with it.

If they sell it in Venezuela check out the Ninja line. My ninja blender is big, powerful and operates with a set of three food processor style blades. It is a beast. Since you like plastic pitchers it should suit you well. They sell them on Amazon.

Last edited:
If they sell it in Venezuela check out the Ninja line. My ninja blender is big, powerful and operates with a set of three food processor style blades. It is a beast. Since you like plastic pitchers it should suit you well. They sell them on Amazon.
I too have the Ninja blender, amazing value for money and powerful but Karadekoolaid was asking about a food processor not a blender.

I too have the Ninja blender, amazing value for money and powerful but Karadekoolaid was asking about a food processor not a blender.
Ninja makes food processors too.

One of the things I like about magimix is they are intended for lifetime use and because of that they continue to carry and produce new upgraded accessories for them.
I finally replaced my cracked processor bowl a month or three ago for my processor that was a gift in 1995! It’s still going strong. Frighteningly strong 😂

What kind of food processor do you have and what is wrong with it?
It is made by Oster. I think I paid $60 for it on Amazon years ago. There isn't anything really wrong with it. It has some design flaws that makes it a little fussy to use. But it is big and processes food just fine. It replaced a Cuisinart that was better. I dropped the Cuisinart and smashed the bowl. I wasn't in the mood to spend that much money when I replaced it.

I have a ninja blender which has the same kind of blades and works fine for processing smaller lo loads and it is fast. I have a tiny cuisinart that I use for making things like pesto or grinding herbs and spices. I use the Oster mostly for making pie dough. I can recommend the Cuisinart but it is unnecessarily pricey in my view.. Well it is cheap if you compare it to the Magimix.

Last edited:
It is made by Oster. I think I paid $60 for it on Amazon years ago. There isn't anything really wrong with it. It has some design flaws that make it a little fussy to use. But it is big and processes food just fine. It replaced a Cuisinart that was better. I dropped the Cuisinart and smashed the bowl. I wasn't in the mood to spend that much money when I replaced it. I have a ninja blender which has the same kind of blades and works fine for processing smaller loads. I have a tiny cuisinart that I use for making things like pesto or pulverizing herbs and spices. I use the Oster mostly for making pie dough. I can recommend the Cuisinart but it is unnecessarily pricey in my view..
Yeah, I was given a Cuisinart for my birthday and I didn't question how much it cost of course! But Oster is a decent brand, nothing fancy but I have an Oster blender from 2004 that still works. I also have a Nutribullet.

My old food processor was a Black n Decker and of course I have a small mini chopper that I use for small tasks.

My food processor isn't one I would recommend. Sorry for the blender recommendation.

I don't think there is anything wrong with recommending a Ninja blender that has food processor capabilities. I saw some online that have accessories for that, but it's called the Ninja Kitchen System...for around $70 which isn't too bad.

1727208880356.png

My original Cuisinart lasted decades. The base was still fine, but I had to replace it because no one made bowls for it any longer, and that had deteriorated to the point of failing. Cuisinart did offer me something like $50 towards a new one, though.

Foolishly, I went with KitchenAid as a replacement. There aren’t enough words in two languages to describe what a poor excuse of a food processor it was. I returned it once, but the replacement was just as bad. It was a joke. A toy.

I finally replaced it with a new Cuisinart, which is what I should have done to begin with, and it’s brilliant. I love it. Chugs through bread doughs with nary a complaint, runs at a whisper. Has big and small bowls. The piece of 💩 KA bogged down on pure liquids and sounded like a banshee with bad adenoids. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom