What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I mean, when I have the time to let the stand mixer run, as it’s significantly longer than the FP, but I also don’t feel like standing there and actually doing the work of kneading (or when my hand is acting up and I’m can’t kneading).

Typos untypoed! :laugh:
Yeah but if the food processor works just as well...oh, wait, it mixes it but doesn't knead it? I mean, if the food processor kneads the dough just fine, then why even use the stand mixer?

Well our ice maker in the kitchen freezer (AKA "Nellie" as we named her) quit working again, so we plugged in the countertop ice maker early afternoon. That things works a treat! It dumps a small tray of ice every 8 minutes or so. I dump the basket every half hour or so into the kitchen freezer ice bin and it's full now, so I will unplug it and plug it back in tomorrow.
So our refrigerator/freezer ice maker (Nellie) started working again about half an hour ago, so we are going to unplug the little countertop one and put it in the box for next time. It also will come in handy for outdoor parties as long as there is an electrical outlet nearby, like at one of the metro park pavilions.

Yesterday I was calling Nellie a cantankerous old biddie who only works when she wants to, and my DH said, "Shhh, she can hear you," LOL.

Well the little countertop ice maker did fill up the bin quite nicely and we didn't have to drive up to the store for a bag of ice because of that. But once Nellie makes up her mind to go back to work, she gets busy!

Yeah but if the food processor works just as well...oh, wait, it mixes it but doesn't knead it? I mean, if the food processor kneads the dough just fine, then why even use the stand mixer?
I’m not someone who naturally does something faster just to do something faster. Some days, for example, I like hearing the rhythm of the stand mixer whumping away, for example.

I’m not someone who naturally does something faster just to do something faster. Some days, for example, I like hearing the rhythm of the stand mixer whumping away, for example.
I think my stand mixer holds a lot more dough than my new food processor does. Obviously I haven't tried it out to know this, but I think I am going to stick with the stand mixer because I want to make a large batch of dough when my starter matures and freeze some of the dough.

I think my stand mixer holds a lot more dough than my new food processor does.
I don’t know what the ability of the stand mixer is…recipes with up to maybe no more than 7 cups of flour (it’s the ability to crank it - I know the bowl holds a lot more than that).

The FP will work a white bread recipe of up to 5 cups of flour, which is plenty for me. Whole wheat flour recipes are a little less.

Oh, from earlier, yes the FP kneads the dough - that’s its main advantage. What takes several minutes in the mixer or by hand takes mere seconds (less than a minute).

I don’t know what the ability of the stand mixer is…recipes with up to maybe no more than 7 cups of flour (it’s the ability to crank it - I know the bowl holds a lot more than that).

The FP will work a white bread recipe of up to 5 cups of flour, which is plenty for me. Whole wheat flour recipes are a little less.

Oh, from earlier, yes the FP kneads the dough - that’s its main advantage. What takes several minutes in the mixer or by hand takes mere seconds (less than a minute).
My KA is one of those 5 quart professional models, but I never have made large quantities of dough in it before.

But if my FP can handle it better and faster, I am wondering why I have the KA...DH bought both for me for presents. I won't tell him the FP can do it better and that he spent a few hundred bucks for no reason other than to look nice on my counter (thankfully I do have the space for it, though there are times it subs as a fruit bowl, LOL).

It is mostly made of plastic. Even the drive lug the spins the blade is plastic. Which is why I bought a Vitamix blender. The drive post is metal & the motor spins the blade at 25,000 rpm to get the soup hot in about 6 minutes or so. :whistling:
Ah yes quite so.
But this is where the price starts to factor in. I paid £40 for my Ninja blender (reduced from 60 on special offer) and it comes with a two year guarantee.

As someone who’s never had a blender and isn’t certain they’ll use it much it’s the best choice for an entry level blender before committing to spending hundreds on something like a vitamix👍

I have the Ninja Foodi 10 in 1 and I can’t praise it highly enough. My expensive range oven is hardly used due to how good the Foodi is.

And don’t get me started on the Ninja outdoor wood fire oven, I sound like a demented fan boy on that one 😂

Ah yes quite so.
But this is where the price starts to factor in. I paid £40 for my Ninja blender (reduced from 60 on special offer) and it comes with a two year guarantee.

As someone who’s never had a blender and isn’t certain they’ll use it much it’s the best choice for an entry level blender before committing to spending hundreds on something like a vitamix👍

I have the Ninja Foodi 10 in 1 and I can’t praise it highly enough. My expensive range oven is hardly used due to how good the Foodi is.

And don’t get me started on the Ninja outdoor wood fire oven, I sound like a demented fan boy on that one 😂
Not trying to burst your bubble or disappoint you, but I have my ow opinions on Ninja products. As I said, some them work & some of them don't.

Back
Top Bottom